Intervention

--------------------------------

" Sir. Origin has plans to deal with that; Ryan boy. He says he killed the project he was working on, but I'm not sure we should trust him. " Ruby said as The Big Man sat in a giant leather chair.

" Leave him be. " The Big Man said as purple eyes glowed beside him, " Relax, my children. Ruby, I want you to be out there when he starts his plan. Andromeda, give her the instigation device. "

One of the eyes zoomed in front of Ruby and put a pen-drive in her hands. The eyes glowed, and the figure zoomed back beside The Big Man in an instant.

" What's this? " Ruby asked, looking in her palm.

" Give it to Sapphire; then, when Origin attacks, bring her and her little team of 'superheroes' to you. Then reveal what's on the tape when you have them in front of you. I need you to make sure that boy goes to Origin. He interests me. Now go." The Big Man commanded.

" Yes, sir. " Ruby said, walking out of the room.

BEEP! BEEP!

" Father, it seems like the boy is on the move. " One of the figures said.

" Hmm, send the drones with Ruby. Make sure they record everything. " The Big Man said, flicking his wrists as the eyes next to him vanished!

" Yes, father. "

--------------------------------

" Jennifer! Where are you? We were supposed to meet in the park an hour ago! "

" An hour? Oh crap! " Jennifer shouted, staring at her clock on her phone.

" You always do this; procrastinating isn't the best way to spend your time, you know. "

" Sorry Ivy, I totally forgot but don't worry, I'll be right there really soon. " Jennifer said as she rushed into her closet.

She grabbed a vest with a panda doing a ninja stance on it and some torn jeans before jumping into her outfit. She did a back-flip out the window as little sparks appeared on her fingers. The flames burst out of her palms as she rocketed down the street. She gracefully landed in an alley before walking out and waving to Ivy, a girl with short, curly, purple hair. Her hazel green eyes were easily seen through her amber square-rimmed glasses.

" Wow, you really are fast when it comes to getting dressed. " Ivy said in shock, looking at her fresh outfit, " And by the way, that panda shirt is so 4 years ago. "

" I think it's cute. " Jennifer said as she mimicked karate noises.

" Sometimes, I wonder why I hang out with you. " Ivy said as Jennifer sat in front of her.

" So are we gonna start this chess game or what? " Jennifer asked, warming up her fingers.

" If you're talking about the chess game where I am going to beat you in, then you are correct. "

--------------------------------

" Phoenix, I apologize. " Sapphire said as he folded his arms, looking over the city.

" I thought I could trust you. " Phoenix whispered as she stood next to him.

" Zach, I'm sorry if I didn't give her your healing cells, she would've died from-- Okay, let's not bring back these memories, but Zach, you understand what had to be done," Sapphire said as Phoenix sighed.

" I just...don't want her to end up like me; power attracts enemies. " Phoenix said as Sapphire rubbed her cast.

" She can handle herself, trust me. " Sapphire said, poking his cheek.