Sideline

-----------------------------

" Tell me everything you know about Neon Labs, Matthew Cage. " Ryan said, wearing a pink hoodie, bright yellow sweatpants, and socks to a man he had tied up and cornered in an alley.

" Do you really think that I'm scared of you? " Matthew asked.

" I've killed before. " Ryan said, grabbing his shirt.

" Yeah, I could tell. Who wouldn't die after seeing your outfit? " Matthew joked.

" I had to throw on whatever! " 

" And that's really in your wardrobe?"

" Shut up!"

" Let me handle this. " Atlas said, jumping down from a building.

" Wait- How did you?-" Ryan tried to say.

" Sapphire told me to keep an eye on you. " Atlas interrupted.

" And who's this cowboy? Your little sidekick? " Matthew asked, smiling.

" What wind blew you here? " Atlas asked, staring into Matthew's eyes.

"The same one that knocked you and your mom off the ugly tree. " Matthew said, grinning.

"Bad idea to insult me..." Atlas said as his pupils turned silver!

BZZT.

Matthew suddenly cried out as tears came from his eyes! Atlas blew his hair out of his face.

" Whoa!- that's so cool. " Ryan mumbled.

" So, are you gonna talk? " Atlas asked as Matthew shook his head.

BZZT.

His gum began to bleed as Atlas squatted down in front of him. Matthew spat for Atlas' face. Atlas scoffed and leaned his head to the side, dodging it.

" You did not just do that. " Atlas whispered.

" Hit me with all you've got. I won't tell you anything. " Matthew said as Atlas took his scythe off of his back.

" Okay then. " Atlas said as he used his scythe to cut Matthew's eyelashes! Atlas grinned," I'd start talking if I were you. "

" Blood girl, if you want to take your turn come out now." Atlas said looking into the shadows.

" How did you know I was there?" Karla asked walking out in a hoodie and jeans.

" Heightened senses. " 

" W- what really? " 

" Nope. Zen pointed to you. " Atlas said as Zen appeared behind Matthew.

" Great more company. " Matthew mumbled as Zen broke his fingers!

" Speak. " Zen said turning Matthew's head to Karla.

" Tell us everything you know or I cut your limbs off one by one. " Karla said creating blood tendrils from her back.

" F-Fine!" Matthew stuttered as Zen disappeared," They experimented on humans...trying to create meta-humans... trying to market them for The Big Man. Damn it..I'm a dead man now. "

" Huh? " Atlas asked grabbing his shirt, " Who is THE BIG MAN? "

" It's too late. He knows all of our moves! I'm- " Matthew as his HEAD EXPLODED!

" Holy SHIT!" Ryan and Karla yelled,  eyes wide.

" Eeww....gross. " Zen mumbled as blood splattered on his shoes.