Chapter 6.

Laura's POV:

D- did he just say he loves me?

I stare at him blankly and he stares back with an expression on his face I cant quite understand.

" W- what? " I stutter. I was quite in shock of what he just said.

" just forget I ever said that, okay? " he says.

I just stand there and watch him get in bed. I wasn't gonna sleep with him tonight. I cant, he probably hates me.

I get out of the room and walk to Rydel's room.

" hey Laura, whats up? " she asks when she sees me standing at her doorway.

" can I sleep with you tonight? I dont feel comfortable sleeping with Ross. " I say letting out a sigh.

I can tell she wants to ask why, but she keeps quiet. " yeah, sure. " is all she says as she makes space for me in her bed.

I lay in her bed and think. Think of how Ross could've fallen for me. Out of all the girls he could've chose from, he chose me. I cant deal with the fact that he probably hates me right now. After all he's done for me. He was the one who saved me, the one who gave me a home, and most importantly.. a family. And how do I repay him? By breaking his heart.

I lay there and let some tears out of my eyes until I fall asleep.

....

4 days later.

Today is my date with Eduardo, and im so excited nothing can ruin my mood. Nothing. Im finished getting ready and look at myself in the mirror. I dressed casual, not too over the top in case we just go to the movies or something. He still hasn't told me where we're going, but I dont care, I like surprises.

I walk downstairs to find Ross sitting on the couch watching tv. We havent really been talking since what happened on Tuesday. Although we've been sleeping in the same room, he doesnt sleep too close to me, he doesnt let me sleep in his arms and let me feel safe in his arms. I miss all that, but I think its for the best. I want to talk to him, but im just afraid.

I walk right by him without saying a word. I sit across from him, but I dont look at him. I sit there waiting for Eduardo to arrive, and everything just turns awkward. We were the only people in the room and we just sat there without saying a word. The only noise was of the tv playing a movie.

" you look beautiful tonight. " he says in almost a whisper.

His voice, his voice who hasnt said a word to me in days, finally speaks up.

I give him a smile and he smiles back.

Why do I get this feeling inside when he smiles, its like my whole world brightens up.

I hear the door bell and I turn to Ross who's smile has disappeared and now has turned to a sad, angry look. He lowers his head and gets up and goes upstairs. I feel so bad, why am I doing this to him..

I open the door to find Eduardo standing there with a smile on his face. He greets me with a hug and we get in his car. He opens the door for me and compliments me on how I look. He's the sweetest guy ever, how can Ross say all that mean stuff about him?

We drive for a little while and talk about each other and share some laughs and funny jokes. This night was beginning to be perfect.

We finally arrive and I look out the window to see we're infront of a house.

" where are we? " I ask curiously.

" my house. " he says while he gets out and opens the door for me to get out.