Chapter 49.

Ross's POV;

I had began to pull off all the wires off my body at their words. Laura can't be in a coma, she can't be. It was painful having to rip off wires off my body, but pain was the least of my worries right now. Buzzers and a lot of beeping noises came from the machines around me, but once I felt all the wires off me, I began to stand up. I tried to run, but all I did was go directly to the floor. Rocky, Ryland and Mom were trying to get me to stop, but I kept pushing forward. The thought of Laura in a bed, lifeless, and in a coma made me stronger. As much as the guys and mom tried to stop me, I could feel myself lifting up.

I know I was going crazy right now, but I needed to see her. I need to see her so I can see how she is. Seeing her will make the pain i'm going through go away.

" Ross, baby, stop please! " mom cries, grabbing my hands. " you're gonna get hurt! My baby will be alright, I promise! " she says, reffering to Laura.

" no mom, I need to see her. " I yell. " do you know the pain I feel inside knowing the girl I love with all my heart has been shot, and could never come back from that coma? "

Mom stays quiet. She shakes her head and looks at the guys.

" take him to her. " is all she says.

The guys quickly grab me by my hands, and carry me to Laura's room. Nurses and doctors are telling the guys to take me back to my room, but I don't listen to them, and neither do they.

As I walk into Laura's room, I don't see Laura. All I see is a pale, lifeless body laying in a bed. This Laura wasn't my bubbly, cheerful girl. I couldn't see her amazing smile, smiling at me and I couldn't see her big brown, beautiful eyes staring up at me.

But deep down, behind what she's going through right now, the Laura I know and love is still in there. I know it.

As I get closer and closer, I can see maybe a hundred machines plugged into her. It broke me knowing this happened to my sweet, amazing Laura.

" Why couldn't it had been me instead? " I ask, with tears streaming out of my eyes.

" .. because she saved you. " Rocky says. " she jumped in front of that bullet, and took it instead of you. "

I grab Laura's hand and hold it tightly. I manage to give her a smile. " my hero. " I say.

I turn to Ryland and Rocky. " c-can y'all leave me alone with her? " I ask, as politely as I could.

" of course. " they say, and they walk out the door, shutting it behind them.

I look at Laura for a few minutes, with a million things going through my head.

" Laura, please you have to wake up. I- I need you. If something happens to you, I don't know what I would do. I know you can't hear me, but I just want to let you know that I love you. I always had and I always will. You mean the world to me, so please try to stay here with me. Please wake up, so I can hold you in my arms and let you know what you mean to me. " I tell her. " I know you did this for me, but I deserve to be going through all this, not you. You deserve to be awake, with a smile on your face, laughing with me, cause you're too amazing to be going through this. If for some reason you can hear me, p-promise me you'll wake up. Please promise me. i can't live without you. I love you.. "

I tried to wipe my tears off, but they kept coming back. I held onto her hand tightly, aftaid of letting go.

For a second, I could see her smile, but I knew I was imagining things. She needs to wake up, she needs to.

" please god, you know Laura doesn't deserve to go through this. She's too good, and amazing. Please, let her be okay. Please open up her eyes, so I can hold her in my arms. Please.. " I pray.

I break down and cry, but I don't let go of her hand.

suddenly, I felt her hand squeeze mine, and her voice whisper. " i'm okay. "

________________________________________

Hey guys, I would love to thank y'all for getting me to over 20k reads, and over 1k votes!! <3 that is just too amazing, and I don't know how to repay you all!

I love you all so much, it's unbelievable!! :*

Thank you, thank you so much!! <3