Everything blows up

*Amber*
It is the next morning. Tom thought it best to wait till today to go have the talk with Ben, so after their little happening in the kitchen, he told Amber to go pack a bag.

Then he brought her to his house and told her to take a long shower, making sure to wash herself especially between her legs, she did as she was told, knowing he wanted every trace of Ben gone.

He had made dinner for her, and they had spent the evening on the couch watching a movie.

Then he had carried her to the bed and they had made love, that was how Amber was seeing it anyway, he had been so sweet and gentle, every other time they spent together was fucking, this was making love.

And she had awoken, watching him sleep, realising she was falling helplessly in love with him against all her better judgement.

He stopped the car outside Ben's house, she had written a text in advance asking if they could talk, and he had answered yes.

Tom looks at her. "So we are clear, you are going to tell him you made a mistake, that you are with me now and you can only be his friend ?"

"Yes Tom". She felt a little bad, she knew Tom was not only punishing her but also punishing Ben, but she had to do it, she couldn't loose Tom.

They walked up to the door and she rang the bell, about a minute went by, then Ben opened the door, when he saw Tom he sighed. "Oh you are here to".

"Yes I am Ben..Amber has something to tell you". Tom stared at him, and Ben rolled his eyes and stepped aside to let them in.

They all walked into the living room, Ben sat down on the couch, Amber sat on the edge of the table in front of him, Tom stood in the background.

"What is it he wants you to tell me Amber ?" Ben is looking at her, glancing over at Tom, who shoots him a dirty look back.

Amber sighs, she doesn't like them being like this, it makes her feel guilty. "Ben this isn't about Tom.. I have to tell you this, yesterday was a mistake, I panicked and acted out. I am sorry I pulled you into it".

"It's okay Amber, it wasn't like I didn't quite enjoyed it". He patted her knee softly.
Amber bit her lip. "Ben we are still friends.. hopefully we will always be friends, but I am with Tom now, so what happened yesterday can never happen again okay ?"

"Okay, if that is really what you want". Ben leaned over and kissed her cheek.
Then he stood up, and he smiled a smile she never seen before and she actually didn't like it, it is neither a happy smile or a nice one.

"But maybe you will change you mind when you hear the truth". He looked over at Tom, who suddenly looked like he is about to panic.

Ben walked over to Tom, Amber looked at them seeing Tom shaking his head looking pleadingly at Ben. "Ben please don't".

"What Tom, I just wanted to congratulate you on winning our little bet, guess I owe you a holiday". Ben extented his hand to Tom.

Tom didn't shake it, instead he looked at Amber. "Please Amber, it doesn't matter anymore, it hasn't for a while, it was a stupid mistake".

"What are you talking about Tom ? What bet Ben ? What is going on ?" Amber got up, looking at both of them.

Ben was looking smug. "Well how did you put it Tom, something about you easily being able to tame that bitch, wasn't it ? And I give it to you, you actually did it, so you win".

"Amber please, let me explain, I ....". Tom didn't get a change to finish before Amber was in his face.

She had never been so angry in her life, he had cheated her, made her fall in love with him and for what ? "This was a bet Tom ? I was nothing but a stupid bet to you ?"

"Darling.. Please let me explain, yes it was a bet, but ...". She slapped him hard, making him gasp.

She was fuming, wanting to hit him, kick him, just get her hurt an anger out. "I never want to see you again Tom, you are dead to me".

She heard Ben chuckle lowly and she whipped around, slapping him hard as well. "Oh don't get me started on you Ben, you are just as bad as him, you were my friend.. I don't want to see any of you ever, I really hope you feel proud of yourself gentlemen, goodbye". Amber turns around and walk out of the room.

*Tom*
What the hell, he had never expected Ben to throw him under the bus like that.  "Wow Ben really ? Are you going to pull that knife, you just plunged into my back, out again ?" Tom stared at him.

Ben at least looked a tiny bit embarrassed. "But she deserved to know Tom, she actually thought you cared about her, I could see that".

"For God's sake Ben, why on earth do you think I forgave her for fucking you ?" Tom stared him down.

Ben suddenly looked less certain. "But it was a bet, you just wanted to win, you never cares about women, you told me that".

"Screw the fucking bet, I don't care about it, I was going to tell you as soon as I could get you alone". Tom felt like curling up and crying.

He looked at Ben, and then it just came out, he hadn't thought about it, but it was the truth. "I love her Ben, I fucking love her".

"So do I Tom, I know I said that I didn't have romantic feelings for her, but I do okay, I love her too". His eyes were wet with tears, and for a moment they just stared at one another.

Tom shook his head. "Sorry Ben, it is to late for me to back down, I simply can't, now excuse me, I have a wonderful woman to win back".

And with that Tom walked away, wondering how he was going to ever get her back, but knowing he had to.