The fight to end all fights

*Tom*
Okay he was feeling pretty bad, but he didn't like to admit it.. didn't want her to see him as weak, she had seen more than enough of that, he just needed to get home and relax..have a glass of whisky or maybe two.

He was relieved when he pulled up in front of the house, he wouldn't have been able to concentrate on driving much longer.

When they got inside and Amber went to the bathroom, he went into the living-room pouring himself a whisky and flopping down on the couch, breathing in deeply.

"Seriously Tom ? Do you think you should be drinking ?" Amber stopped and looked at him with concern as she walked into the room.

His head snapped up, he just couldn't deal with her nagging him right now, his head hurt to much. "I think I do what the hell I feel like Amber.. it is none of your fucking concern if I want a drink".

"The hell it is Tom, I grew up with an alcoholic.. I've had enough of that in my life, I am not going to be in a relationship with one". Her voice was a bit shrill.

Something kind of snapped in his head, everything hurt and he just wanted to be alone.. to make the pain go away. "Don't you ever call me that Amber, don't you fucking call me that".

"Why not Tom ? Believe me I know the signs.. you are sweating, your hands are shaking, everything hurts and you mind is running wild rabbit trails on you". She yelled.

He put the now empty glass on the table and got to his feet. "It is one drink Amber.. fucking relax, just because you dad couldn't handle his liquor doesn't mean that I can't".

"Are you fucking kidding me ? You almost ruined your life and your career in a couple of months do you think that is handling your liquor ?" She was visibly very angry now.

He couldn't control his anger, mostly the anger was toward himself, he felt like an utter failure. "Well maybe if someone hadn't fucked my best friend and then ran out on me after I fucking forgave you for that, then maybe I wouldn't have had all this problems".

"Well maybe if some conceited idiot hadn't made me into a bet and pissed on my feelings, then maybe I hadn't left". She was right in his face now.

The pain was getting unbearable especially in his head, and her voice was making it worse. "If you hadn't been such a cheap bitch then maybe I wouldn't have made that bet".

He knew he had gone over the line even before he said it, but he couldn't stop himself, it wasn't him talking, it was the alcohol.

*Ben*
When he got out his car outside Toms house, he could hear yelling and screaming from the inside, he looked at Luke. "Oh shit this is bad, do you have a key ?"

"Yup". Luke said already on his way up the steps, pulling his keys from his pocket and unlocking the door.

Ben hurried inside, they were in the living-room, and he walked in just in time to see Amber slap Tom hard, leaving a handprint on his cheek.

He would have sworn it could never happen, but Tom actually lifted his hand to hit her back and he yelled. "Tom stop right now, if you hit her, we are done, and I promise you both Amber and Luke will be gone to, for good".

Tom stopped in his track and Ben put himself between them. "Tom this is not you, can't you see how far out this is, you were about to hit her, you need help".

"I .. I.. I don't know if I can do this". Tom started shaking, and fell to his knees sobbing.

Luke stood at the door looking shocked, opening and closing his mouth like he was searching for words.