Confession Gone Wrong

(Someone told their crush they liked him... so  I am going to fulfill my side of the bet.)

     I wrote a letter to Bob. It said how I felt and such, and I was going to give it to him. When it came to 6 hour I was all nerves. My hands were shaking and my stomach was fluttering. When I saw him walk in, my stomach sunk to the ground. The words got stuck in  my throat as I watched him walk to his seat. Just as I got the courage to say something, I noticed something was wrong. He wasn't looking too well, he was not okay.  I looked at him and saw him zone out. He was staring at the floor and his eyes seemed tired, and sad. He seemed upset. He wasn't smiling, saying hi to everyone, goofing around, or even talking to anyone.

"Hey. You okay?" I asked looking at him in concern. He shook out of his zone and looked at me. I saw the hurt behind his eyes. He tried to smile but couldn't. He looked at me and I could see pain, real pain. Maybe he was betrayed, given bad news, or maybe his dreams was broken. He didn't say anything but just looked at me and shook his yes. 

"Are you sure? You don't seem okay." I said with worry tinting my voice. He looked at me and a tiny side smile appeared, but only for a moment. He shook his head yes, and then quickly looked away as his eyes got glossy. I couldn't stand seeing him like this. When a friend is in pain, I am in pain as well. I wanted to hug him, tell him it will be alright, remind him that I am here if he needs someone. I just wanted to comfort him in any way I could. 

    During class he looked at me, but in a different way. Like a longing look, a look that made me want to hold him tight. Like a kid who lost a balloon, and just watched it fly higher and higher. The pain in my chest grew as I realized, there was nothing I could do. I couldn't help him, and knowing that silently killed me. He didn't make comments, or even answered questions the whole class. I wanted to talk to him, but I couldn't.

    At the end of class, I was determined to keep my bet up. I was going to give him the letter. Just as the bell ring, I blinked and.... he was gone. He was out as fast as he was that one week after I asked him about Braum's. Maybe someone told him something, maybe he found something out about me that scared him. I'm not sure what it was but, I hope things will be better tomorrow.