Chapter One

John's POV
(NOT EVERYTHING BELOW IS HISTORICALLY ACCURATE)
     I step into my house, stomping my feet on the doormat as I peel off my multiple layers of clothing. After changing my shirt into a warm, comfy sweater, a knock comes on the door.
"Hello?" I say, curiously looking through the peephole. I see a familiar face, but it's in tears.
"Eliza! What's wrong?" I question, wrapping her in a hug despite the snow melting on my chest.
"A-Alex i-is-" her words are drowned in sobs. I guide her to the couch and peel off her coat for her.
"What about Alex?" I ask as she calms down.
"He's g-gay." Of course. Eliza's a homophobe. One of her bad traits, but she's my best friend never the less. Her and Alex are roommates, and I know she refuses to live with anyone who's gay, pan, even bi. That's why I don't tell her. I was madly in love with Alex, but had more common sense than to admit to anyone.

"Can I crash here until I find a place?" She asks, sniffling.
"Of course. Anything for you." I reply reluctantly. I lead her to the spare room, and lend her a long shirt and some comfy pants.
"Here. It's getting pretty late, have you eaten?" I ask, tossing the clothes at her.
"Nah. I'm kinda hungry though. I'm fine with anything." She says.
"Ok. How's a turkey sub?" I ask tentatively.
"Sounds fantastic." She replies. I walk out the door and into the kitchen. I start to fix the sub, when I come to realization. The picture is in the guest room.

Authors note:
     Hey! Thanks for reading my first chapter. This is my first fanfic and I'm actually straight (for now), so please excuse anything I get wrong. Please keep reading! Feel free to leave comments!