Chapter 22

Jill's P.O.V

            I think everyone's onto me. They started questioning me! What the heck?! I may be the Dark Knight, but that's none of their business. I sat in bed and looked at the ceiling. 

            "I'm such an idiot." I whispered to myself, putting a pillow over my head.

           "Why are you an idiot?" It was Raph. Great.

          "Oh, uh, nothing!" I looked over at the wall and bit my lip. He walked over to the bed and sat next to me.

        "Ya' lyin' ta me."

       "No...no i'm not." I gave him a small smile and he crossed his arms over his plastron. 

      "Now I know ya' lyin'."

     "About what?"

    "What do you do when you leave us at 10 at night and come back at 3 in the morning?" I tried to think of a lie, but I couldn't do it.

         "I-I um...I'm... I'm the Dark Knight." He kept a straight face, but it then his face became so red, his bandana blended in with his face. I got ready to get yelled/ lectured.

         "WHAT THE HELL IS GOIN' THROUGH YA' HEAD JILL?! YOU COULD GET KILLED AND I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO LIVE WITH MYSELF!" I winced and decided that I wasn't just gonna sit here and take it. I decided to fight back.

        "IF I DIE IT WON'T BE YOU'RE FAULT, IT'LL BE MINE. AND I'M PERFECTLY CAPABLE OF FIGHTING FOR MYSELF!" I calmed down and looked at him, still agrivatted. His face was back to it's dark green colour, but there was a great amount of hurt in his eyes, although he didn't show it.

         "I just care about ya' to much. If somethin' wah ta happen ta ya..." He trailed off and I decided to finally tell him why I get so mad about having other people protect me (besides myself.)

       "I'm sorry. It's just that no one has every really been there to protect me except for my dad and Jordyn. I'm just so used to fighting my own battles and its gonna take some time getting used to the fact that you and your brothers are protecting me now too." I sighed and looked at him, making sure he understood my reason.

       "We'll always be ther' fa' ya'" He hugged me and rested his head on mine. I was so glad that he understood.

       "No more Dark Knight, being I mean a lot to some people." I said sarcastically. 

      "Listen ta me, if you even thing bout' doin' ANYTHIN' Dark Knight related, ya' dead." I smiled at him and kissed his cheek and hugged him. 

      "It ends now."

      "Good." He hugged me and then we heard soething bang against the wall. It was the boys and Jordyn.

     "So, you are The Dark Knight?!" Mikey asked.

    "Yes Mikey, I am." He nodded and I noticed Leo looked disappointed.

    "What's wrong Leo?"

    "I had a plan to get you to tell us." He said bitterly.

   "No offense Fearless Leadah', but it woulda' failed miserably." Raph smirked at his big brother and covered himself up. He pulled my into his arms and we fell asleep, with everyone staring at us.

                 Jordyn's P.O.V  

                  It was now midnight and everyone was asleep. I got my black tote bag and left the house. I grabbed my akimbo knives and dashed off into the darkness of Virginia. I kept feeling like someone was watching me, but it was probably nothing.