29

Twilight Wolf POV
I climbed to the roof of Wayne Industries, it was one of the tallest buildings that stood proudly in amongst the shadow that Grubby Gotham held over its occupants during the night. I had to get away from them. Nightwing and Robin were chasing me still, although I had no idea how. The word he had said, when he attacked me... He said sister. I don't know who I was, I just knew my devotion for Joker and Harley was real. Yet I still couldn't help it as the word burned a deeper scar on my brain, infecting my thoughts with doubt and curiosity. "No I'm the Twilight Wolf. I have no family. I am a criminal. Harley and Joker look after me." I whispered to myself, as I watched my own hands shake.

I looked over the edge of the roof, gripping my hood tightly so the winds wouldn't knock it off it's place atop my head, covering my face. The two bird brains were grappling up here, guess it was time to go then. I was about to swiftly leave and leap onto the next building over, but the buzzing from my comms stopped me. "Twila, we're under attack, seems the bird brains have found out our plans and I believe that you were their direct connection. Don't expect me and Harley to see you anytime soon" came the voice. "Mr J she's just a kid-" "shut up lets go. Have fun traitor" Joker whispered down the comms link his words dripping with sweet venom. Left. Dropped just like that. Guess I would have to go find Penguin, perhaps he needs some help stealing banks and jewellery stores. Perhaps he didn't.

Upon trying to make an exit, I found the two pests which had followed me here, were stood in my way. "Move" I said angrily. "We're not going anywhere sister." Robin announced. I flinched as he said it. It felt like my own eyes were blazing with fire and I growled at the small figure. "I'm not your sister, now MOVE" I bellowed again. "Like I said we're not moving" he replied. How dare that little...little brat! "Don't make me hurt you brat" I growled again. And that's when it happened, the palms of my hands began glowing and a large portal appeared in the floor, it shocked me and I staggered backwards, falling from the state of paralysis the shock caused me. The two bird brains looked to one another, but this time I saw fear laced in their glances and smirked. "Scared now boys, such a shame" I said using my hands to manoeuvre the portal closer to them. "Stop. Robin. Stop this, this isn't you!" Nightwing shouted supposedly directed at me and not his companion, Robin.

"I'm not Robin! Now get in the stupid portal I've had about enough of you" I growled as the portal inched classed. "You are Robin, you are my big sister" Robin said this time. I glared at him. Why would he know that, how would he know that unless he.. he knew me! I always wanted to know, to find something of me to latch onto to fill the nonexistent memories that swamped my brain, just once. Joker refused to tell me who I was and now I could know. But that would mean turning myself in, wouldn't I be arrested? "I don't believe you, you just want me to turn myself over because you can't beat me!" I shouted at them, as the wind blew my hood down. My dark blue hair was blown behind me and my mask glinted in the dim light of the Wayne industries billboard on the roof. "We know who you are! We can help you" Nightwing shouted. I ignored him, he was just a hero in the end, trying to avoid the inevitable and save the people who just couldn't be saved.

I took a small dagger from my boots and gripped its handle tightly before holding it out in front of me. "You won't catch me, not now, not ever. Do not chase me without fearing death, I am a wolf and a predator, you are just prey begging to be eaten" I replied harshly, my words sharp and menacing. I launched the dagger at Nightwing and it struck just above his knee, collapsing him to the ground. I laughed as he cried out in pain. Before Robin could make a move on me I created a portal at his feet and smiled as he fell down into. "Goodbye boys, until next time" I laughed. As I was going to close the portal I heard him again. "Robin please, you're my big sister! This isn't you! I love you sister please stop this!" Robin called out.

I moved over to the portal and saw he had stuck a katana in the ground and was using it to avoid being sucked into the portal. Nightwing was dragging his body over to us hoping to save his companion. "At least if you're gonna kill me you could look me in the eyes" Robin said, his tone changing completely. "You don't know who I am little boy, now stop playing these games and just give up already" I advised. He looked at me and smiled. Oddly it was still laced with fear, but also an odd sense of satisfaction. "Only my sister could beat me. That's what they said. I guess you live up to your reputation big sis" he said. I flinched again. This boy so young and fearless, smiling because it had been I who had killed him, I who had defeated his all winning streak.