33

Robin's POV
As I heard the faint snoring of Mick fill the warehouse, I gathered my bags on my bed and equipped my gear. The one thing I didn't have was a grappling hook and that was my only problem, I could only think of one way of finding one, but I would have to risk seeing them. As much as I hated it, a grappling hook was an essential item when trying to scale the rooftops. I sighed and grabbed my back pack, slinging it over my shoulders. I smiled at the brief time I'd spent with the thieves, they weren't as bad as most people would think, Mick was very easy to get along with, and behind the icy glare Snart wasn't as cold as his name stated.

"Leaving so soon?" A voice asked. I turned around and saw Snart stood at the top of the stairs. "Well, The Flash saw me, I don't have a choice" I replied. "Why is that a problem?" He asked. "I can't explain why" I said, slightly annoyed I couldn't explain it to him. "It hasn't got anything to do with the fact you know who he is does it?" Snart inquired, "because I know he's Barry, he won't arrest you for knowing that" he added. I smiled. "It's not that, I wish I could explain and prove it, but then you'd know my secret" I said. "I guess I'm not gonna get it out of you. Well, I'll see you around kid, don't go get killed out there" he mocked, smiling at me. "Yeah you wish, give me a call if you need some help once in awhile, it'll be fun. See ya around" I replied, smiling as I jumped into my portal. Goodbye Snart.

I landed on the roof of Wayne industries and squinted at the light as the sign was a lot brighter than I'd expected. Now I just had to make sure not to get spotted because there's no doubt that everyone aside from Alfred were out looking for me. My best bet was to blend in with a crowd, but it wasn't so easy at twilight. The next best would be alleyways, but there's too many thugs which would try cause trouble, so plan 2 was also a no go. Luckily there was a stairs access on the roof next to Dad's building, all I had to do was jump across without being spotted and get to ground level where I'm less likely to be seen. Once I had clambered down, I pushed my hair into my cloak and tugged at the edges of my hood, pulling it closer to my face. I was paranoid and as much as I'd like to try deny it, my body couldn't. There was a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, I wasn't afraid of what could happen because I knew the possible outcomes, I was more anxious and it was that anxiety that twisted my stomach and made me feel like I was going to throw up. "Pull it together Robin, just sneak to the base, snatch a grappling hook and leave. Simple, right?" I told myself.

I crept into the park through the shadows and into the trees. Nobody was here. Climbing through the branches was an easy task and due to the height of the tree I doubt anyone could see me from ground level now. Once I reached the small wooden cabin in the leaves, I did a quick check of the perimeter before stepping down in front of the entrance. I dreaded what was going to happen next, I couldn't face myself after what I'd done, reducing my brothers down to their last living breaths, on the brink of death. And I ran, ran away from it all hoping it would stop the pain and guilt. Yet all it did was bring me more. I spoke aloud the passcode 'Bat Family' the pain in my voice making me stutter slightly, as I struggled to say the word family without tears forming in my eyes. "Welcome back" The treehouse security system replied. "Lock the doors and windows" I spoke clearly this time. "As you wish" it replied. "Lockdown complete"

Dick's POV
I was sure that there had been a figure that passed by the park a few minutes ago on the city security footage, but as planned I had to wait for Tim to gear up, so if we did find her he could immediately alert the others. "How are we looking for time?" I asked Tim. He looked at the time on the bat computer. "It's time" he said. I nodded and we both got on our bikes and headed out. The streets were so calm and quiet at this time, it felt weird suggesting that Gotham seemed almost peaceful at this time, as those who knew Gotham knew it was a grey place to live. I only hoped that we could find Robin, I couldn't afford to lose her again, not after losing Wally. The two people I loved most in this world were being ripped away from me.