58 - Finale

3 months later....

Gotham City had just finished recovering from its most recent attack. Lead by Gotham's Dark Knight, a team of superheroes managed to contain the many nuclear bombs that had been spread throughout the city. Except for the last one. The last one caused devastating effects to its surrounding area. It toppled a building and nearly burst a water pipe, threatening to give the whole city radiation poisoning, but with help from members of the Justice League the radiation that spread from the Joker green explosion was quickly cleared up and removed, barely a trace of uranium left in the damaged area. As for the Joker, he had been seen everywhere. The pale impaled body from 3 months ago was ID'd and it wasn't the Joker. The man was being blackmailed into posing as him, a hired stunt double, for the Joker's own safety of course. Although, the clown Prince of Crime wasn't that far away as he watched the chaos, watched the noxious green cloud burn below as he sat safely in his stolen helicopter the very same night.

The news was still celebrating the success of the superheroes even 3 months after, similarly to how Wayne Enterprises were also continuously and heavily praised for their ability to quickly produce aid for those immediately effected by the radiation. It had been a busy 3 months and Bruce Wayne had appeared on the news multiple times and for multiple reasons.

At Wayne Manor things had grown quiet again. Bruce was fairly active outside of the manor, but as the Batman he threw himself into his work, caring for nothing else but justice for others. Thieves and murderous thugs had no chance in Gotham now. A constant fear in his stomach drove him on, as did the sickening worry of not being a good enough father. Somehow he had always lost what was most important to him, he had always been incapable of protecting it, despite his profession. Long hours were spent brooding over this matter, long hours which bled into days. Only Alfred could reason with him, others feared he would not recover from this blow and he would slowly waste away. Something inside Bruce told him he wished he would.

Tim busied himself on the computer, nothing had changed there, but the amount of sleep he had was decreasing and being quickly replaced with coffee and various caffeine filled drinks. The usual teenage moods that Tim was stereotyped with were completely incorrect as he was now always asleep or always working, two extremes which gave him unhealthy side affects like hallucinations and migraines. Much like Bruce, he got through the days by throwing himself into his work. Tim had tracked down multiple Jokers within the last three months, each new appearance making him even more frustrated than the last. He hated the fact he couldn't do anything to avenge her and he sobbed quietly as he looked through all the photos of the young girl on the bat computer. The innocent smile of a child wiped away in her teenage years by a man whose smile was never ending.The real evil mastermind was still out there, cruising along with his stolen goods and laughing with blood red lips. Tim would not rest until he was found.

Jason was still hanging around a bit, hovering from staying at the manor and his safe house, his phone on him at all times, the ringer volume as loud as it could get. He couldn't miss a call. He missed the jokes and the familiar sound of her calling him 'Jay'. He missed the way she lit up around Charlie, and the way how the two girls combined were a force to be reckoned with. He had died once and come back, but he knew the consequences of it. As much as he would happily live with the consequences of rebirth, he would never wish for it to be placed upon the shoulders of the pure hearted teen, his blue haired sister.

Damian was as stoic and emotionless as usual. His temper was only a little softer when around his father and Dick, due to the relatable feeling of worry and tension they shared. Damian fought harder and even more aggressively than ever, fuelled by stored rage. Alfred and Dick had been able to get through to him only twice in the past few months. Damian spent more time with the animals, taking in Nightwing the kitten as his own. He hadn't got round to explaining it to the small feline that he was now his protector. He had yet to deal with the storm of emotions inside of him before he dared putting it into words.