Chapter 28

I awoken in a soft cozy bed. 

I unconsciously reached for my stomach due to the pain I felt. I didn't feel a bump.

My eyes snapped up and my breathing picked up. 

"Ian calm down, your safe. Do You remember how you got here?" Lynne's voice registered.

"Yes Lynne, Y'all saved me from hell. How is....everything?" I asked

"Good. You should recover nicely and she is healthy."

"That's good. How long have I been sleep?"

"Two days. I guessing it's from the pain it was too much for you to handle and you passed out. But of course it was your body was not originally made to go through pregnancy."

"Oh where is... Jason?"

"He went to the store."

"And.. the baby?"

"Sleeping next to you in the bassinet."

I turned around and seen the yellow bassinet.

"Can I get some pain pills or something?" I asked

"Oh yeah sure"

She went and came back with pills I took some.

"Thank you" 

"Didn't I tell you that is what I do" 

"I know but you helped me a lot. Me and the baby, you got us before anything happened to her."

I said looking in the bassinet as a tear fell down my cheeks. Footsteps came closer I looked up to see Jason, he looked kinda bad.

"Well I think you will be fine tonight so see you. Get a lot of sleep all of you." Lynne told us and left.

I looked back at the bassinet.

"Ian look I'm sorry for how I acted. I didn't know I guess I just lashed out." He blurted out

"Yeah I know."

"I was miserable not knowing where you were. You just up and disappeared without a trace. I was scared something happened to you and our baby. Then it does. If we have a fight you can't just run away, we need to talk it out. I want to be angry. I missed your entire pregnancy. I couldn't watch you and my baby grow. Then that bastard hit your beautiful face. I should have killed the coward."

"I know I'm sorry. I didn't know what to do. I was furious and wanted to get away so I wouldn't harm our baby because of my mood. I'm sorry I made you look so awful." 

"Well yeah I couldn't sleep or eat because I was beyond worried. I find out I'm going to be a dad then you vanish."

"I'm sorry Jason."

He sighed and got in the bed with me. He hugged me as tears fell. He gave me a kiss and hugged me tight. 

We sat there embracing each other for awhile.

"What are we going to name her?" Jason asked

"Well I been calling her honeydew." I said

"Honey dew?"

"Yeah."

"That's weird."

"Evelyn." I spoke after a moment of thinking.

"Evelyn Sanders I like it." he agreed