Chapter 16

I jumped out of my sleep panting. 

I felt a body against me and I pushed it away.

"Ian calm down. It's me. Tell me what's wrong Ian?" Jason spoke

My eyes snapped open looking into Jason's worried ones. He took my hand giving it a little reassuring squeeze.

"Just a really bad dream." I sighed after I got my heart to slow down.

"What was it about? Whatever it was scared the shit out of you. Seriously your sweating bullets."

"The woods smelled of blood and there were snarls in all directions. That thing keeps haunting my dreams. That thing smiled at me with that same evil grin."

"That is some kind of nightmare." Mr. Sanders spoke lowly 

I leaned in to Jason as he pulled me close to him.

The car fell silent after that. I stayed up the rest of the way. I was not going to take a chance with those dreams again. We pulled up in my driveway a couple of hours later.

"Thank you for the weekend Mr. Sanders." I said

"No problem Ian." He smiled.

I got out of the car and Jason followed. I grabbed my bag from the truck and closed it softly. He walked me to the door and gave me a soft kiss. He pulled back. I looked at his lips then up to his eyes, I softly bite my lip.

"Go ahead, go in the house." He smiled softly

"Okay. Be careful Jason." I worried planting another kiss on his lips.

"I will I don't live that far." He chuckled

"See you."

"Later babe."

I kissed him one last time before I went inside. I watched him get back in the car and leave before I headed to my room. I shut the door, dropping my bag on the floor. I sat on my bed and thought about everything. I laid back staring at the ceiling.

*

*

*

*

*

A few hours passed and I haven't heard from Jason at all. It was already past midnight. My phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out of my pocket as I slid my finger across the screen to answer the phone.

"Hello." I spoke

"I killed your mutt of a boyfriend." A voice sang cheerfully into the phone then a evil laugh rang through the phone. 

I checked the phone's caller ID and it said unknown number. I could still hear the evil laugh coming from my phone. I hung up the phone and tried to call Jason. No answer.

 I tried again.

 No answer. 

And again. 

Still no answer. 

Oh gosh please just be someone that has a horrible sense of humor. My gut didn't believe it was a joke and neither did I. I got off my bed and grabbed the keys to my mom's car. I got in the car an drove out the driveway and sped all the way to the woods. 

I tried to remember the way and that made me panic a bit. I remembered bit by bit and thankfully I seen the house. You would think it wouldn't be hard to find a mansion in the woods but it is deep in the woods.