Chapter 15

Sophie's P.O.V

"Zayn told you, didn't he?" I said. He nodded.

"You're an idiot, I'd never choose him over you." He looked at me, he was drunk.

"I'm sorry." He tried to kiss me but I pushed him away.

"You're drunk." I hissed. "How much did you drink?"

"Err...why would you care? I was just having fun. Gee, you don't own me." ...what? This was ridiculous. I gave him a dirty look. He just laughed. This was the first time I've heard his laugh without smiling, feeling happy and all warm inside. This wasn't his real laugh, this wasn't Niall, this wasn't my Niall.

"Don't be like that." He said and grinned. "Come here, give me a kiss." He tripped and fell onto the wall. I wanted to throw him out of my apartment right away.

"Go sleep it off, we're going out for dinner in a couple of hours!" I took his hand and pushed him onto the couch. I took my phone. It was already 6.00pm.

'Niall is drunk, he's asleep now but not sure if we'll make it. x' I texted Liam.

Liam - 'I'm on my way. Don't do anything you'll regret tomorrow. xx'

I sighed, this was too much. I couldn't believe Niall did this to me, what happened to 'we can talk about anything'?

I ran to the door as soon as I heard the knock. A pair of strong, warm arms wrapped around me and pulled me in for a tight hug. Right then I lost it, I started crying. Liam rubbed my back. "It's okay, let it out." He whispered.

"Where's Niall?" He asked after I'd calmed down a little. I pointed at the couch. There was no way that we were going to go out for dinner tonight.

"I told him to go straight to yours and talk, can't believe he went straight to the pub instead." Liam shook his head. "How bad was it?"

"He could barely walk, I'm surprised he managed to make his way to my apartment." I felt the tears streaming down my face.

"Come here darling." Liam hugged me, told me it was okay, not my fault. That everything would be okay in the morning. A part of me wanted to believe him, trust his words.

"Thank you, I should be taking care of Niall but instead you're taking care of me."

"Don't worry about it. You've been through a lot today." Liam gave me a sympathic glance. He smiled.

"His temperature is fine, he seems okay but he's just really really drunk." Liam sighed. "He'll probably feel better in a couple of hours."

I started crying again. I couldnät help it, I felt like this was all my fault. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry Liam! I just can't believe this is happening. It's all my fault, I should've told him before Zayn." I sobbed.

"It's alright Soph. It's not your fault, Niall should've talked to you. This isn't anyone's fault, sometimes you just fall in love with the wrong person and it screws things up a little. But luckily, you stopped it before anything went wrong. You did the right thing, imagine what would've happened if you wouldn't have rejected Zayn today." He was right, everything was normal. Just like it was yesterday. Except for the fact that the love of my life was laying on the couch all drunk and unconscious right now.

"Thank you for saving me tonight Liam, I wouldn't be able to handle all this without you." He gave me a big hug.

"Anytime Soph, I'm always here for you." He smiled, he really was the daddy of the group.

"I'll be alright by myself now Liam, you can go and talk to Zayn. Make sure he knows that this isn't his fault. And...can you ask everyone if we can eat out tomorrow instead?"