Chapter 52

Sophie's P.O.V

"Niall?" I mumbled, still half asleep.

"I'm here love, I'm here." I felt his hot breath to my ear. He placed a kissed on the top of my head as his strong, warm arms wrapped around me. I furrowed my eyebrows and opened my eyes. I was sitting on his lap in the couch, he must've carried me here from the bathroom.

"I had a horrible nightmare." I whispered as tears ran down my cheeks.

"It was just a dream. You're here now, with me. You're safe." He stroked my hair, his forehead resting to mine.

"I'm so scared." I sobbed.

"Please don't cry darling, I hate seeing you like this." He murmured. My hands were shaking as I wrapped my arms around his neck, buried my head into his cheek and let the tears fall down.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." My voice was shaking.

"Don't apologize, it's alright. You're safe with me." He carefully put his hands on my cheeks to lift my head and place a kiss on my forehead. He pulled my face closer to his, forced me to look him in the eyes.

"I can't do this, I can't be without you." I shook my head with tears streaming down my face. He looked at me with concerned eyes, stroked my cheek with his thumb.

"I hate this. This is by far the hardest thing I've ever done. To just let you walk out of my life...just like that. You have no idea how hard it is...no idea." He bit historier lip as he gazed into my eyes. "And you're not exactly making it any easier for me, love." He smiled as a tear fell down his cheek.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." I gently brushed my lips against his. His body immediately reacted to my actions and he put his hand on my back, pressing my body closer to his. He kissed me with such passion, it overwhelmed me and the feelings that went into that kiss were stronger than anything I'd felt. I let my hands trail along his neck, across his chest and down to the hem of his shirt. I tugged it and easily lifted his shirt over his head, revealing his toned body. I placed my hand on his cheek and pulled his face to mine, pressed my lips against his. His touch made me forget everything else. All I could think of right now was that I wanted him and I wanted him now. I deepened the kiss and ran my hand through his messy hair. My lips were desperate to his. I started getting frustrated with him, I needed to get closer to him. I easily pulled my sweater off and threw it to the side. He started kissing my neck as I leaned back to lay down. His body followed my motions and soon he was laying on top of me with his body pressed to mine. I giggled as he nibbled on my collar bone and pulled his face to mine. Our eyes locked and a breathtaking smile spread across his face.

"I love you." He breathed before his lips found mine again.

"I'm gonna miss you so much, I can't believe you're leaving tomorrow." He said quietly as his fingertips trailed along my bare back, causing goosebumps to spread across my whole body. It was already 12:00 am and we were still lying on the couch doing nothing. I was lying on top of him with my head resting on his chest.

"Promise me that it's only for a week." I whispered.

"I promise." His fingers trailed up my spine, causing me to shiver. His hands were soft and warm to my cold skin. "Then I'll bring you back home." Home. Did he just say home? I think he did actually.

"Home?" I lifted my head and gazed into his eyes with a smile.

"Yes, home. Here, this is your home now. Unless you've changed your mind..." He said, grinning.

"Of course I haven't silly!" I giggled and lied back down on his bare chest. Suddenly his stomach growled really loudly and we both started laughing. "Lunchtime?" He nodded. I took the blanket and wrapped it around my naked body, jumped off the couch and started picking our clothes up off the floor.

"You know...I've seen you naked before." He smirked.

"Yeah, so?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Oh come on Soph, that's not fair!" He moaned and looked at me with puppy eyes. I threw a pair of trousers at him and headed towards the bedroom to get dressed. I was almost done with my hair when the most amazing smell hit me and it wasn't until then that I realised how hungry I actually was. I quickly finished straightening my hair and walked up behind Niall, wrapped my arms around his waist. I placed a kiss on his bare shoulder. He turned around with a smile and kissed me.

"What are you cooking?" I said curiously.

"Lunch." He winked.

Niall's P.O.V

We stayed at home for the entire day since it didn't go a single minute without there being people in the flat. Everyone came to say goodbye to Soph and to let me know they were here for me. Me and Sophie didn't get any time on our own until it was 3:00 am and even then we just got a few minutes until Danielle, Eleanor and the boys came barging in. They've even decided to stay here tonight. Honestly, I'm not too happy about that but oh well, what am I gonna do? Sophie's flight takes off at 11:00 am tomorrow. The boys insisted on. Mig with us, it'll create total madness at the airport. I'll try to get Paul to take us through the VIP entrance but we'll see how that goes. I'm not really sure what I'm feeling right now. The others are talking about everything that has happened for the past 10 weeks. They're laughing, talking, crying, yelling. I'm sitting here smiling with them but on the inside I'm broken. And right now it feels like I can't be fixed. It's only for a week though...but these 10 weeks we've been together the whole time. I don't even want to think about how it's going to be. I'm definitley not looking forward to it.