Chapter 44

Sorry about the poor update, had my lasts tests in school this week! Only 12 days until summer!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Niall's P.O.V

The light of the sun woke me up in the morning. I heard someone in the kitchen and turned around to see my mum standing there doing the dishes. 

"Mum...?" I mumbled and yawned.

"Morning Nialler. How did you sleep?" She smiled.

"Er...good I guess." I scratched the back of my head. "Where's Sophie?" I looked around the room. We'd both fallen asleep on the couch last night. My mum nodded towards my bedroom. I slowly leaned back to look into my room. There she was, sitting on the bed looking out the window without moving. It didn't even look like she was breathing. I sighed and stood up. My mum gave me a worried look, I could tell this was hard on her too. 

I sat on the bed next to Sophie ad put my arms around her. She buried her head into my chest, she was crying.

"This isn't how it was meant to turn out Niall." She whispered. I ran my hand through her hair and kissed her on the forehead.

"I know Soph, I know." I rubbed her back. She released herself from my arms and sat up, gazed into my eyes.

"Niall..." Her voice was shaky. "All I feel is emptiness. Emptiness and loneliness." She placed her hands on her stomach. I carefully stroked her cheek, wiped her tears away. I hated the fact that I couldn't do anything to help her. I wished I could take all her pain away, just so she wouldn't have to deal with this. I would do anything to make her happy again. She shut everything and everyone out to numb the pain, to forget about everything. I didn't know what to say, what to do, what to think or what to feel. I just took her hand in mine, entangled our finger and looked her straight in the eyes.

"I love you so much Sophie. I wish I could make it all go away and make you happy again." I whispered. She just shook her head and placed her hand on my cheek, stroked it with her thumb.

"You make me happy Niall. I am happy. I'm sad but...happy. As long as I have you I know everything is gonna be okay." She bit her lower lip. I closed my eyes and sighed.

Sophie's P.O.V

Niall was talking to my parents since I couldn't make myself do it. He's told them when we were at the hospital but they kept calling all the time. We've just eaten breakfast. Me, Maura and Niall. Or well...I hardly ate anything. Neither did Niall, strangely enough. I couldn't say anything to Maura or anyone else for that matter. Just Niall. I couldn't find the words when someone besides Niall spoke to me, my whole body just shuts down when I'm not with Niall. I feel like a zombie, I'm not sure how the time goes by but the sun has already gone down. It's crazy how fast time can go by when you're just sitting and staring out a window. But I still felt everything. Every single thing that went through my brain hurt and it hurt a lot. I've never felt pain like this before, I just want something, anything, to make all the pain go away.

"1 week and 4 days." I heard Niall whispering. Probably to Maura.

"1 week and 4 days. That's nothing." I can't. I can't be without him. I won't make it through a single day. Never. I carefully stood up and walked to the bathroom as silent as I could so that they wouldn't notice. I took the bottle of pills, my hands were shaking. I took a deep breath, stared at the label. My hands trembled as I opened the lid and took two pills in my hand. I closed my eyes and swallowed the pills, waited for them to take the pain away. I put the bottle back and went back to the bedroom, sat on the edge of the bed and waited. I think it worked because for the next hours I couldn't feel, hear or say anything.