Chapter 35

Short chapter, have to revise for two big tests I have tomorrow! :( I'm sorry, hope you're not disappointed. x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Niall's P.O.V

I stroked her soft cheek with my thumb. She looked so peaceful laying there next to me. I love waking up next to her, her face being the first I see in the morning is more than I could ever ask for. I gently drew lines on her bare arm with my fingertips. She was glowing, her cheeks were rosy red and her lips looked irresistible. I couldn't help it, I reahed over and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. She furrowed her eyebrows and slowly peeked at me with one eye.

"Mornin' love." I smiled.

"Good morning." She said quietly. I reached out to touch her cheek but she closed her eyes and pulled away.

"What's wrong Soph?" I said with a worried voice. "Did I do something wrong? Was I too drunk last night? I only had a couple of drinks..."

"No, Niall...um..it's nothing." She said with a smile that quickly faded. Something was going on. I tried to bring back the memories of last night but couldn't think of anything I'd done. I came home, a little drunk yes, to the three of them sitting in the kitchen laughing and talking. After a couple of hours we all went to sleep, Sophie said she was really tired and I fell asleep as soon as I'd hit the bed.

"Are you sure?" I frowned.

"Yes. I'm just sad that we're leaving in a few hours." She shrugged and jumped out of the bed, headed for the bathroom. She grabbed her phone on the way and locked the door. She and my mum get along really well, she must be upset over leaving her. I'm gonna make sure we make another trip really soon.

Knock knock

"Are you two awake? Is everyone wearing clothes?" My mum snickered.

"Yeah, come in mum!" I yelled. She opened the door and stepped inside.

"Where's Soph?" I nodded to the bathroom.

"Oh. So...." She sat on the edge of the bed and looked expectantly at me.

"What?" I chuckled.

"You're leaving soon and...when are you coming back?" She smiled.

"I don't know. Soon, hopefully." I scratched the back of my neck. "Err mum...is breakfast ready?"

"Yes, come eat when you're ready." She hurried out, she's probably forgotten about the tea or something. Sophie came out of the bathroom, her eyes were red and puffy but she was smiling at me.

"Soph, I promise that we'll come back soon. Please don't cry, I hate seeing you upset." I got up and wrapped my arms around her, she rested her head on my chest.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!!" She wiped her eyes and pulled away from my embrace. She never does that. I sighed and went to take a shower.

Sophie's P.O.V

"Have you told him?" Maura whispered. I shook my head with a small smile.

"I'll do it over breakfast. He's so grumpy before breakfast." I winked at her. She chuckled and shook her head with a sigh.

"I'll help you tell him." She placed her hand on my shoulder to comfort me. "He hates seeing you hurt or upset. He cares so much about you."

"Well, he should've seen me last night."

"I hope so." I smiled.

"He really does. More than you think." She looked me straight into the eyes. I had to force back the tears.