Chapter 10: Don't Leave Me

~Jamie~

"Double fuck." I mumble to myself.

"What was that?" Demi ask me and pulls away to arms length.

"Nothing, nothing. Let's go to sleep." I mumble to her and grab her hand and drag her upstairs to her room. She left to go get change while I roam through her walk in closet. My hands searching for one of her big shirts, I found one and change shirts. I walk back to Demi's bed and laid down, my head too fog with thoughts.

He escape prison.

He's out to get me.

I'm fucking scared out of my mind.

What about the others? Are they okay?

I just know he is looking for me.

He's gonna fucking kill me.

And I'm afraid that he's gonna hurt Demi and our family and I wouldn't be able to stop him because I'm blind.

Well if he's gonna kill me then I'm not going down without a fight.

I curled myself in a ball and started to sob quietly. I can't help it even if I don't want to cry. He's gonna finish the job like years ago. He's gonna kill me off with the rest of my classmates. I hug my knees to my chest and sob. Now is one of the times that I don't want to see the darkness.

"Babe, are you wearing my shirt?" I hear Demi say and the bed dips. She moves closer to me.

"Yes, got a problem with it? Its not like its going to matter anyways." I mumble the last part to myself thinking she wouldn't hear me and bury my head in between my knees. She wraps her arms around me and sets me between her legs. I uncurled myself and wrap myself into Demi's arms.

"No, I don't mind at all. But what do you mean its not going to matter?" I didn't answer only cry into her neck.

"Whats wrong baby? Why are you crying?" She asks me and her fingers run through my hair softly.

"Things are going to get messy Demi. I don't want to pull you into this. I just want him to leave me the fuck alone! I just don't want to see anymore darkness! I just want to see you!" I say and sob into her.

Her hold tightens on me and say very protectively, "If things get messy; I don't care. I'm gonna be right by your side every step of the way. Whoever he is; is gonna have to get through me first. Your my little girl and I would protect you until my last dying breath. You are my first priority and will always be. I love you till the end of earth." I curled up in her lap and wrap my arms around her, burying my face into her neck.

"Don't leave me." I whisper and she rocks us back and forth.

"Never." She kisses my forehead softly, her lips lingering there for a bit and hugs me close to her.

I fell asleep in her arms after I was done crying and didn't let go of her.

~Demi~

I'm not letting some bastard touch my little girl, he's gonna get through me first. Over my dead body will he touch my baby girl. I wrap my arms around her waist and cradled her on my lap. I buried my head into her hair and fell asleep with my little girl in my arms.

Like hell would he hurt her, motherfucker has to get through me first. Was my last thought before falling asleep.

Some time early in the morning, Jamie bolts out of my arms and falls on the side of the bed. I was at her side in a instant and had both hands on her cheeks.

"Baby, are you okay?" I ask her, concern lacing my voice.

She was breathing hard and her eyes were wide with fright and she was breaking a sweat. She cover both of my hands with hers and leans into my touch. She closes her eyes and breaths out.