Chapter 35: Mom

~Jamie~

"Que esta haciendo aquí?" (What are you doing here?) I ask her, both susprise and shock that she found me.

"Podemos hablar, por favor?" (Can we talk, please?) She asks me and I nod, opening the door wider for her to come in. I guide her to the living room and mom was there.

"Baby, who's- oh hi, I'm Demi, nice to meet you." Mom says and I know that she greeted Alma.

"I'm Alma, Jamie's real mom." I raise my eyebrow at her when she says 'real'.

Something's up, I know it.

"Mom, could you leave so we can talk?" I say to Demi, giving her a small smile. I heard her come to me and she leans into my ear and whisper.

"Okay, just call my name if anything happens. I'll be eavesdropping." I smirk at her and nodded. She leaves the room but I know she's hearing us.

I turn back to my biological mom and said, "Sienta te, por favor." (Sit, please.) I gesture her to sit and I sit on one of the couches, my full attention to her.

"Cómo estas?" (How are you?) I ask her, folding my hands together.

"Mejor que antes, y usted?" (Better than before, and you?) She asks me, I could tell that we both were feeling awkward.

"Estoy bien," (I'm good,) I say and bent my head to the floor.

"Dónde estaba viviendo?" (Where have you been living?) I ask her, curious on where she has been living all this time.

"New Zealand," She says and I nod.

Wow, far from home aren't we?

"Y Jasmine? Dónde estas ella?" (And Jasmine? Where is she?) She asks me and I know she looks around.

I grit my teeth together and glare at her. I stood up and took a few steps away from her.

"Esta muerta, te recuerda?" (She's dead, remember?) I say to her, running my hand through my hair.

"Lo siento," (I'm sorry,) She says quietly and I turn to her, my eyes flaring with anger.

"Lo siento?! Lo siento?! Me dice porque ella no esta aquí! Por tu! Tu hiciste esa maldita pastilla! Para qué?! Darlo a gente que se siente mas mejor de su mismo o algo?! Ella no esta aquí conmigo porque la mataron! Y que, no está triste por la pérdida de tu hija?! Ella era mi gemela y no podía ayudarla porque me aguantaron! No me sorteaban! Ella podía estar aquí si alguien me ayudaba! Y ahora sida ciega por 7 años! Pendeja," (Your sorry?! Your sorry?! You tell me why she isn't here! It's you! You made that fucking pill! For what?! For people to feel better of themselves?! She's not here with me because she was killed! And what, aren't you sorry too that you lost your daughter?! She was my twin and I couldn't help her because they grabbed me! They didn't let go of me! She could still be here if someone helped me! And now, I've been blind for 7 years! Bitch,) I scream at her, pissed off right now.

I heard her got up and walk to me then, slap me across the face.

"A mi respeta! Soy tu madre y no me vas a hablar así! Vámonos de aquí!" (You respect me! I am your mother and you will not talk to me like that! We are leaving!) She yells at me and I look at her in horror as I grab my stinging cheek.

I heard someone come up behind me and stands in front of me protectively.

Then, a slap echoed across the room.

"You will not touch my daughter ever again. Don't ever step foot in this house again. You can fucking leave now and never come visit her again." Demi says furious, wanting her to leave.