Chapter 33: Horses, Best Friends And Training

~Jamie~

Kill me, now.

Please, I'm begging you.

"Dallas!" I whine, "Are you trying to kill me?!" I try to calm down my breathing as I laid on the wet, morning grass. It was the next morning, it was like six in the morning and I'm ready to die. Dallas had me working out for two hours now on anything she can think of, I ran, did jump ropes, did squats, yeah you name it, anything they make you do in gym class. And she wanted me to work harder for another hour, which I think that would kill me. I can't feel my legs or arms anymore, they are numb. Even Louise was tired, she was doing everything with me. I heard footsteps coming to me and they stand over me.

"Come on, get up. Get some rest and drink some water. You'll do five more laps and we can go back home before anyone wakes up." She says and spills water all over my face. I close my eyes, letting the cool, refreshing water cool me down.

"Since when did you become a coach?" I ask her, still laying on the ground while I hear Louise drinking water next to me.

"Since last night, let's go." I groan but got up anyways. I drank some more water and re-did my hair into a ponytail. I grab Louise harness again and walk to the track. I got ready and she blew the whistle.

I was off.

While I ran my last laps with Louise, I remember this morning. Dallas woke me up like in four of the morning, quietly as not to wake Demi up. I had to uncurl myself from her arms and put a pillow on where I was, so she can cuddle with that while me and Dallas sneak out. No one was up that hour but we still got out quietly, not wanting to wake anyone up and catch us.

It was our little secret.

We decided to keep this as our secret and susprise everyone when it's time for the race. We would sneak out in the mornings and make up something in the afternoons. I finish my laps and went back to laying on the ground.

"Are we done?" I ask her, taking in big breaths. I felt her coming over to me and lay down beside me. I turn over so I was facing the sky and I felt Louise cuddle into my side. I scratch her head softly, seeing as she loves it when I do it.

"Yeah, we're done." She says beside me and I close my eyes. The soft, morning air feels refresh and alive, I love it.

"The sunrise looks beautiful," I heard Dallas whisper, amazed. I let out a sigh, squeeze my eyes and said,

"Oh how much I would give to see it,"

She doesn't say anything, only grabs my hand. I sigh again and we stay there laying on the grass for a while. A while later, Dallas helps me up, grab our stuff and walk back home.

"Thanks Dallas," I say, before we enter the house.

"For what?" She asks me, a little confused.

"Training me for this race." I say and grin at her.

"Anytime kid, come on. Let's get back inside and hope no one is awake. Take a shower, you smell." She says and I glare at her. She laughs quietly and we walk inside. I feed, gave some water to Louise and let her roam around the backyard and trotted back up stairs, trying to be as quiet as possible. I took a quick shower before jumping back in bed with Demi. I immediately cuddle up to her and she wraps her arms around me.

"Where were you?" She whispers into my ear and I smile into her neck.

"Its a secret mommy," I whisper back. I wasn't suprise that she was awake, we can't go to sleep until we're sleeping by each other, it calms us that we know that we are near to each other.