Chapter 58: Gift Searching

~Demi~

"Demi, I'm gonna go hang out with Rocky and the guys, I'll be back soon."

I turn around, my laptop shifts a bit on my lap as I do so and I look at her, my glasses slips down my nose a bit.

"Okay hun, just call me if you need anything. Do you want me to drive you there?" I say, putting my laptop on the couch and stood up, grabbing my keys as she stood there with Louise.

She shakes her head. "No, I'll be fine. I'm taking Louise with me anyway." Jamie says and she walks to the front door, Louise guiding her.

"Okay, be safe! I love you!" I say and she closes the door, not responding me back.

I frown, a little hurt that she didn't say I love you back.

I sat back on the couch, putting my elbows on my knees, I cover my face with my hands.

This is hard.

Jamie's birthday is next week and I haven't found a present yet.

I can't give her anything that she needs her sight for, so that cross out many things.

Maybe a new phone?

No, that wouldn't be enough.

I sigh, deciding to call my mom if she had any ideas.

I pick up my phone, dialing my mom's number before pressing the phone to my ear.

"Hey sweetie, how are you?" My mom answered and I smile instantly.

"I'm doing good mom, what about you?" I ask her, turning my laptop off as I talked with her.

"I'm good, what's up? You sound a little disappointed." She says and I laugh a little, she always knew how I was feeling even through the phone.

"Well, I can't find a present for Jamie and it's really hard because she's blind so it cross out many things." I say to her and she shuffles with the phone on the other side before I heard it was on speaker.

"I got Jamie a new cane and those glasses, Eddie got her a laptop." She says before I heard Maddie say.

"I got her tickets to a 1975 concert!"

"And I got her a new phone!" I heard Dallas say and I groan.

"I got nothing." I mumble into the phone, upset.

"Maybe go to the mall and look for something?" Mom offered and I shrug, but then remember she couldn't see me.

"I'll give it a shot, but if I come empty handed then I'm gonna call you to whine some more." I say and mom chuckles, I got up and walk to my room as she says.

"Okay, just think about it more. Maybe you'll come up or find the perfect gift,"

"That's what I'm aiming for, the perfect gift." I say and put on some shoes before grabbing my purse while walking back downstairs.

"You'll find it! Good luck, I love you!" She says and I smile, hoping into my car and turning it on.

"Love you too mom, bye." I say and hung up before starting to drive to the mall.

Once there, I park my car and walk inside.

This is going to be hard.

~~~

It was harder then I thought.

I couldn't find anything, I couldn't find anything that was close to the perfect present.