t w e n t y - s e v e n

Troye's POV

I wake up and I can already smell his scent on my bed sheets. I can feel him in my arms. I turn around and see the beautiful blue eyed boy named Adam. I had invited to stay the night. I don't want him to be alone anymore considering these "voices" are still taunting him.

I thought I would've never say this but, Matt was a mistake. This whole time I should've been in Perth near Adam where he needed me most. Instead, I was miles away from the only person who ever truly cared about me. Matt was nice and all, but if he really did have feelings for me, then he would've said something a whole lot sooner.

I know I didn't know until later that Adam had lied about him not loving me and all, but at least with myself staying here he would have never have heard these "voices" in the first place. I'm the one who caused all this. The minute I saw that picture of his wrist on Instagram, should've been the minute that I took the next flight home to Perth.

And to make things worse than they are, I still haven't even said a single word about hooking up with Matt. To be completely honest it wasn't just one little mistake on the beach the morning after Adam had ended things. In New York we had attended parties that almost always had ended with me waking up with a huge hangover and me shirtless in some strangers bed with Matt.

Kayla had texted me last night if I had told him yet. But I haven't responded cause I know how she is. Kayla will make you feel like shit until you do the right thing. And knowing my best friend, she'll remind me everyday of my mistake until I make things right.

That's why I'm telling him eventually.

I can't tell him now. He's just gotten better and I can't do that to him. I can't be the cause of his self harm again.

This secret that keeps yelling out me to just spit out will have to wait a little longer.

It will have to wait until Adam is healed from this nightmare.