f i v e

*Troye is now 20 years old*

*Adam is now 22 years old*

More than a couple things has happened since the last time I saw Adam. It took a hell of a long time to fully understand that I wouldn't be seeing him anytime soon. But it eventually sank in.

I've been sitting in my room all day on my laptop, so I finally get up to get some fresh air. I decide to just walk to the nearest coffee shop in Perth. When I get there I realized it took me about 20 minuets just to walk there. But I didn't mind, I needed the air anyway.

I walk inside, and when I was next in line I just stop and stare and the cashier.

"What can I get you today sir?"

I immediately recognized his face.

Adam.

"It's you." I say under my breath.

"Excuse me?"

I can tell that I'm holding up the line but I don't care. Knowing that I have to break this silence somehow, I finally speak, even though my mouth is dry as hell.

"Your name is Adam. I'm Troye. I don't know if you remember me or not but we used to be childhood friends."

Then he starts to stare blankly at me. I was just about to leave thinking I made a mistake, but he stops me.

"No, don't leave. I remember you like it was yesterday. Do you mind if you and I can stay and chat for a little while. I'm sure we have a lot to catch up on and my shift is over in 10 minutes."

"Of course. I'll be waiting in that booth over there."

"Okay. Thanks I'll be with you in a bit." he says to me giving me the cutest smile that I haven't seen in over 10 years.

I walk to the booth and I notice that my palms are sweating. Why am I so fucking nervous? It's just Adam Young, your childhood bestfriend. That's all.

I did notice that he's so much taller now. His voice that has a perfect pitch. His beautiful smile and eyes. And did I mention thats he is hot as fuck.

I lose my train of thoughts when I see Adam coming towards me. Holy fuck. Those 10 years sure did him good.

He sits down and we just stare at each other in awkward, but yet comfortable silence. He then finally opens his mouth to speak.

"Well you have changed a lot since I've last seen you. You actually look adorable but in the good looking kinda way."

He immediately made me blush. Maybe he was gay too. But who am i kidding. A guy that looks like him would have girls chasing after him.

"Why thank you." I say trying to escape that thought. "So what have you been up to lately? I'm pretty sure a lot of things can happen to you in the last 10 years."

"Well now that you've asked, my mum did pass away about a year after we stopped hanging out. My dad and I are doing all right its just that he can be a total ass sometimes. But on the bright side I did eventually got to have a proper goodbye with my Uncle."

I had completely forgotten about his Uncle. I remember the days were I would love comforting him when he needed me to.

"I'm so sorry Adam. From what I remember she was a very nice woman."

"It's okay Troye. But enough about me. What's going on with you.?"

"Well since time has passed I've just made a YouTube channel that turned out to be really special to me. But other than that I just enjoy the internet and Nutella. I also do live streams sometimes and I just like talking to people who seem to get me."

"Sounds like you've been doing all right then?"

"Absolutely." I kinda half lie considering the first part of it I was a complete mess.

We continue to sit and catch up on things. Adam just talks more about his life. I learn that his dad has just come more invested in drinking, which didn't really surprise me at all actually. I tell him about my family, me being home schooled,etc.

We had completely lost track of time when we both realized it was way passed closing time.

"Well all good times always have to come to an end. I'll walk you out Troye."

We walk out and just look at each other. All this is too good to be true.

"Well it was really nice catching up with you Adam."

"It was good catching up with you too Troye. You know I have the day off tomorrow and if  you want we can go to our spot like old times and hang out tomorrow.?"

I have never heard a better idea.

"I would love to. I'll meet you there at 6:00 tomorrow evening."

"Sounds great. See you soon Troye goodnight."

"Goodnight Adam."

As much as I wanted to kiss him right then and there, I couldn't. I still didn't know if he was even gay. We gave each other a hug like we used to, and it felt damn great.

We say goodnight one last time and then we part ways. I would haver never imagined this day would happen. Ever.

Completely still in shock I get home and go to my room.

I didn't even care that I didn't get my cup of coffee.