Chapter 8 - "A Change in Perspective"

Songs for this chapter:

- Black Widow by Iggy Azalea ft. Rita Ora

- Take Me to Church by Hozier

- Black Skinhead by Kanye West

Ariana's POV

"It's a long story," she pleas.

"And I have all night," I persist.

"Okay," she caves in.

"Thank you, now proceed." I half smile. I'm still really, really pissed off though.

Liz's POV

- flashback -

* C'mon loser were going out tonight. Me + Johnny + Greg + Keith & Mandy are coming in a few minutes to pick you up.
- Adeline <3 *

I turned on my phone and found this on it, along with a few calls from my mom and dad. I want to tell Adeline that I have to do some really important thing with my family, but she'd make my life a living hell if I rejected her invitation. So I decide to cancel on my mom and dad which broke their hearts, and I feel slightly guilty but at least have some sort of valid reason. Right?

* Ok. I'll be ready in a little while.
- Liz xx *

I'm a little angry, but I can just visit my family Saturday. Maybe that will give me time to think about my reasoning on breaking my plans with them. I think I really like Greg. He's not like the rest of them. He's sweet, kind, generous and when we kissed once, I was on Cloud 9. I've never been this crazy about one guy before. Not even any of my former boyfriends. Every time we talk, my stomach gets butterflies and my cheeks turn rosy red when he compliments me. But I know If Adeline finds out, she'd try to get to him and all that shit. So I just keep all my feelings to myself and sometimes my mom and sometimes Jason... that's really it though. When I start rummaging through my closet, I look for something that compliments my figure. Nothing too slutty though because I know Greg wouldn't like that. He's into pure, innocent girls ... I've been told. You never know though. I choose to wear a black laced top, fuzzy bottom to the party. On the back it has a V neck cut out, but a string to the top that keeps it together. It was tight as fuck but oh well. When I look it in the mirror it was gorgeous, but realized you could see everything behind the lace and so I decided to try on a strapless stoned bra. Then it was perfect. I slipped on my black 5 inch heels and headed for the bathroom to touch up my makeup and redo my hair. After I'm done straightening my hair and applying my makeup, I text Adeline and let her know I'm good to go. I leave the bathroom and sit on the edge of my bed.

* Where are you guys? I'm ready.
- Liz xx. *

A few minutes go by until she finally manages to text me.

* We're on the elevator right now.. Don't worry. Just calm your tits
- Adeline <3. *

* ha-ha very funny
- Liz xx. *
I reply back sarcastically before I hear a double knock at my door. I jump up from my bed, inching down my dress before I open the door.

"Hey," a squeaky voice says as I close and lock the door behind me. Mandy. Ariana still isn't here so whatever. She has a key hopefully.

"Hi," I say to her and Adeline. The guys aren't with them, and I'm sort of glad because I know they'd be looking at our butts. Even Greg. But Greg makes me blush when he does it. Johnny has Mandy as a girlfriend, so I don't like when he hits on me. Keith goes out with Adeline, but doesn't care when she goes off flirting with other guys because he flirts with other girls. Within our group, the relationships are sooo fucked up. Our group started off as me and Jason, then we added Adeline because she was pretty nice at first. Until started dating Jason, and was controlling 24/7. Then Greg got in the group. And soon Keith joined in and was having an affair with Adeline while her and Jason were dating. He didn't find out until after Mandy got in and he left. He was so heartbroken and swore he'd never love again. Finally Johnny joined and I stayed in the group ever since. I honestly don't know why I stayed in the circle after that bitch broke my best friend's heart.

"So where are the guys?" I ask them stepping into the lift. Adeline has on a tight white crop top, a short tight floral skirt and beige heels. Her hair is in a perfect bun. Mandy has on a soft blue sleeveless floral shirt that's ruffled at the bottom and tight black leather pants with navy blue wedges. And her hair is in a ponytail which makes her whitish blondish hair look spectacular. Her makeup however is very dark around the eyes. But it works on her.

"They're gonna meet us at Sophia's frat house. She's having a 'Welcome to University Freshmans, Prank Party' thingy. It's gonna be pretty lame so we're just gonna grab a few people and play some games." Adeline answers.

"Cool." I say before the elevator dings and some guy steps inside. I know Adeline is gonna say something to him when she nudges me with her elbow. She has a fucking boyfriend for Christ sake but she always wants and needs more. Almost is never enough for her.

"Hey," Adeline finally says twirling her hair between her two fingers.

"Um hey," the buff guy with blonde hair, beige khakis and a green polo responds nervously.

"I've never seen you around here," Adeline replies coolly.

"You probably have. I'm just always in sunglasses and a hat out in public or around the campus."

"No I'm pretty sure I would've remembered you." She says seductively. Could she get any sluttier?

"Well I've got to get going," he responds as the elevator doors open.

"What's the rush ?" She barely whispers placing one hand on his chest and he jerks back. Haha, I laugh to myself.

"I have to get to a party."

"Me too. Small world huh?"

"Well we do go to the same campus."

"Yeah, whatever. So, who's party?" She asks following him into the parking lot. Mandy and I just string along.

"My girlfriend's." He scoffs harshly getting in his spotless red Jeep.

"Oh, well hopefully I'll see you later on campus then." Adeline smirks, strutting away from his car and going to hers. "C'mon losers." Mandy and I both speed walk in our heels to meet Adeline's command.

••

We're here at Sophia's huge frat house. I've only been here once or twice the whole time I've been at the University. Sophia's dad and Adeline's dad are really close. They are both chancellors here, Adeline doesn't really like Sophia though. Sophia is insanely nice to everyone. Adeline is nice to people too, but that's just a facade. Sophia is just generally a sweetheart. We walk in the frat house and a few eyes focused on us, the rest of the party kept going on.

"Hey babe," I hear a voice from behind us and I look over to see Johnny's arms wrapped around Mandy's waist and him giving her a peck to the cheek and whispering something in her ear. She smiles and giggles loudly, they are too cute together.

"Honey, you look hot." I hear Keith's voice say to Adeline.

"I know," she answers confidently. Conceited bitch.

"Where's Greg?" I ask the two couples.

"Someone likes Greg." I hear a masculine voice in my ear say and I laugh. It's Greg. I give him a huge hug and then playfully punch him in the arm.

"Shut up. I just wanted to ask you a question."

"And?" He grins.

"How long are you staying?" I ask.

"When the guys get drunk and want to leave. I'm having no drinks tonight, unless I'm forced." Greg has the most adorable laugh. We both laugh in unison.

"Okay guys, were going to play truth or dare." Adeline says to our little group. "We just need like.. Two more people. Preferably one girl and one boy." "I guess I'll get the girl."

"I'll find a guy." Keith speaks up.

"Yay." Adeline squeaks before walking away with Keith's fingers entwined with hers.

--
A/N:

After today, I'm updating on Christmas !!! Or I could be updating today.. Depending on if I have wifi or not.

Anyway I hope you lovelies have a great holiday, Christmas, New Year and winter break. ily :)

Comment & Vote <3

- Kendall xx.