Chapter 29 - "Someone New"

Songs for this chapter:

- Don't Forget by Demi Lovato

- We Belong Together by Mariah Carey

- I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston

Hannah's POV

My phone rings and David's picture comes up, so I pick it up on the first ring.

"David?"

"Yeah, where are you?" His voice shakes through the telephone line.

"In my dorm, doing nothing. Why? Do you want to come over?"

"We need to talk. I'll be over in a few minutes."

I need to straighten up! Look presentable at least. My cheeks are tearstained, I haven't combed my hair in what seems like forever and I smell.

I do everything in under ten minutes, and he finally shows up after an extra five minutes.

He walks in my room and I lean in to give him a hug, but he rejects me. "Hey David."

"We need to talk about us."

"I agree."

"Well I thought we should end our relationship on a good note. I know you want us to stay together, but I don't think that's such a great thing. To me, that scary. You've been sketchy lately and I can't be with a girl that lies to me."

"It was only once."

"One time too many, Hannah."

"We can work this out!" I cry.

"We can't, I've already made my decision. Don't make this harder than it is."

"I've killed for you, what other girl can say that?" I blurt out.

"What are you talking about? You haven't killed anyone, especially for me."

I don't want to tell him, but it's my last straw before he leaves me. "I killed Derek because he was between us."

"You did what? You're a psychopath."

"I just wanted-"

"You put my best friend in jail for a crime he hasn't committed. How low down are you? That was your boyfriend, plus your best friend's brother."

"Just give me another chance." I plea, I reach for his arm.

"Don't touch me." David puts his finger in my face. "How don't I know you'll kill me?"

"You're the only person I really have feelings for. Don't turn me in. I'll step up to the plate when I'm ready."

"Of course I'm not turning you in, you won't survive one day in there." He eyes me up and down.

David's POV

As much as I want to walk out this room and never speak to Hannah again, I can't because there's a place in my heart still in love with this smart but dumb and naive blonde. She killed for me and as much as I know she's a nutcase, I appreciate the message she was trying to get across to me. It's taking everything in me not to hug her. I miss those long legs, that small butt and her curly hair on top of me while we lay in my bed every night. I don't show it, but on the inside I'm aching for her. She loves me, I know she does but I don't have the patience to be playing these games with her.

"So what do I do?" Hannah gets up and changes her clothes in front of me. Why would she even do this? It's harder for me now, not to slam her body against the bed and reenact some of the sex scenes in 50 shades of grey.