Chapter 12 - "Will You Be Mine?"

Songs for this chapter:

- Slay by Trevor Moran

- Lose My Breath by Destiny's Child

- Take Care by Drake ft. Rihanna

Ariana's POV

After Liam and I started hanging out two weeks ago, we've been inseparable ever since. We're still at the 'just friends' stage and I'm fine with that. He keeps throwing out signs that he wants to be more and so am I. Hopefully he's getting those hints. It's Monday and my face has been glowing ever since those two weeks ago. They feel way longer than two weeks. Hannah and I are becoming closer too. We're all like the Three Musketeers. Now that I'm closer to Hannah, it's a better chance I could get David and her together. It's a Teacher Work Day for the professors to catch up on assignments. Liam, Hannah and I are hanging out. We are going paint-balling this afternoon. I woke up at 6 AM, so I should go ahead take a shower and get breakfast for myself. I don't know what Liz is doing today, nor do I want to know. I quickly jump in the hall shower, I'm glad no one is there. When I got out I did my nails, blow dried my hair, and got dressed. I put on my Panthers sweatshirt (my dad bought it for me when we went to a Panthers hockey game on my 16th birthday), black leggings and my red converse. I put my hair in a ponytail and grabbed my phone to text Hannah and Liam that I was ready to go even though it's only 8 o clock, but I'm still getting breakfast for myself. I head out my room with my phone and keys in my pocket then I hear muffled cries coming from one of the small dorms on my hall. I peak my head in the room to find Johnny pinning a girl to the wall. He removes his hands from her wrists to her hair, tugging at it harshly. I see noticeable bruises.

"Leave her alone," I scowl at Johnny. He's a bit taken back at my presence but then a huge grin grows. My stomach begins to twist as he inches closer, but I stand my ground.

"I see you've finally come to your senses. You want me to take you right here?" He says cockily, getting closer than I expected. I try to quickly leave but he grabs my ponytail and slams me against the wall. "She owes me money, and you have nothing to do with this. But if you tell anyone I will find you and beat your sexy ass. You got that?"

I take a huge gulp then respond. "D-d-don't touch h-her."

"Or what? You're gonna get Liz on me?" He starts to laugh really loud.

"N-n-no. I'm gonna hurt you m-myself." I stutter with courage but it's easier said than done.

"I'd like to see you try," Johnny is so evil. Why did I get myself into this? He lets go of my ponytail and stands in front of me just waiting for my reaction. But when it doesn't come and tears start to stream down my face he knows that I'm defeated. "Exactly, don't tell anyone about this whole escapade or I'll hunt you, your friends and family down and make your lives a living hell." He harshly raises his voice at me. "And you too, whore." Johnny points to the girl still against the wall, tears continuous down her face. But he then he stalks out the door with a rapid pace. I was going to say something to the girl but she beat me to it.

"Thank you," she thanks me and runs over to me for a big hug. We make our way over to one of the beds. And start to sob in each others shoulders. I begin to hear whistling coming down the hallway and I don't notice until the source looks into the room. My eyes are bloodshot red and blurry from all the crying and the girl's eyes are also bloodshot. The tall buff figure looks familiar but I can't really make out the face until he comes closer and starts to talk. It's Liam. What is he doing here? I don't want anyone to know about this. Especially Liam.

"Ariana? What the hell happened in here?" He cocks his head at us both then runs over to my side.

"Nothing."