Chapter 26 - "Moving On"

Songs for this chapter.

- Dreaming With a Broken Heart by John Mayer

- Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke ft. Pharell & T.I.

- 5 Fingaz to the Face by the Victorious Cast lol

Ariana's POV

It's Saturday and I need to talk to David, so I go to his dorm.

I knock lightly on the door and his roommate answers.

"Hello." He says with confusion. "You are?"

"I'm David's friend." I hold out my hand for him to shake.

"Okay? Well come in." He moves out the way for me to go. "David should be here in less than ten minutes. He went off campus to get me some food and do something else." His roommate crisscrosses on his bed.

"Thanks." I continue to stand for about five minutes.

"You know, you can sit on his bed or wherever you want."

"Oh no thank you, I'm okay."

"I've never seen you on campus before. Freshman?"

"Yes, obvious huh?"

"Sorta. You look like you're still a senior in high school, so yeah." He flips through the tv channels. "You're Hannah? Because he used to talk about you 24/7, but lately he hasn't said anything positive about you."

"No, I'm Ariana."

"David loves you to death as a friend then."

"He's shut me out for a long time though. I sort of how's he feeling because he's told me, but I still need him to come around just this once."

"I don't think he will." He gives me a sad face. There's a knock at the door and David's roommate jogs over to open it. "That's probably David right now." He steps back and a girl steps in with an angry look on her face, glaring at me.

"Who the hell is this?" She throws down her pocketbook and points at me.

"David's friend."

"Yeah right, you disgust me Charlie. I thought you loved me but here you are with this skank." She storms out the room.

"I'm sorry Ariana, I'll be right back. She's a bit of a drama queen." He slams the door and I hear him running after her.

Damn I knew this wasn't a good idea. I decide to get up and leave, but right as I go to open the door the knob turns and David pushes in with two Burger King paper bags and a drink in both of his arms.

"Hey, Davie." I awkwardly wave.

"Do you want something?" He puts all his things down on his messy desk.

"I want to talk to you about Hannah, Jason and Liz. You're not talking to any of us and its-"

"I don't need to talk to any of you. You're all annoying me, the only people I need are my teachers and Charlie."

"You are building up a wall and I can't watch you just throw your life away."

"My grades are getting better. Jason and Hannah always distracted me from my work."

"Well I see your personality is dull and not like your happy and lively self."

"I'm just fine."

"Hannah misses you more than anything. Liz is upset because you won't talk to her like you used to, and Jason.." I see David look away. "Jason feels like he's drowning without you." I might've exaggerated a little bit, but he needs to know that he'll never be the same without them, us. "Please give us all another chance."

"I'll think about it."

Jason's POV

After I see Ariana on the other side of the glass, it just makes me more determined to get out of here. She needs me, I need her. The officer that pries me from the phone pisses me off, he could've gave us more minutes.

I go back to the holding cell and a few minutes after, the detective who interrogated me about Derek's murder enters.

"Listen," he smirks. "If you tell the truth we'll take off five years of your sentence."

"I am telling the truth. I did not kill Leeroy's brother."

"Okay, I get you're sticking to that story. Just-" a man with a black suit comes in the cell.

"I told you not to talk to my client without me. I could get your license revoked, so walk away."

The detective puts his hands up in defeat, with a smile on his face. "I'm going." He exits.

"Your father told me you're in a bad predicament."

"Very bad, but I'm telling you the truth. I didn't kill him!"

"I believe you, I really do." He puts his suitcase on the ground. "Tell me all that happened that day." He gets out a notepad.

"The day he was killed? I don't know when he was killed because I wasn't there." My blood is boiling.

"Alright, I'll start from when I got out of jail." I do a huge sigh. "Paige bailed me out of jail and we were about to leave, until I saw Elizabeth's car. I went over and liked in the car to see if she was in it, but instead I saw Ariana crying. So I asked if she was okay and when she said no, she cried in my arms and confessing all her feelings for me. I couldn't leave her there broken, so I carried her back to the car and my sister's boyfriend took us to my house. We didn't do anything, I swear I respect her values. That night, I let her sleep and I went out to talk to Liz at her dorm. Then the following day, I did a couple things out of the house like ran errands and when I came back I went in my room. Ariana wasn't there so I went through the house looking for her, and my dad was holding a gun to her. Obviously not intending to kill her, but I didn't tell him or mom she was staying."

"So did you go to the House of Tools by your house?" He jots down notes.

"Yeah, to get some things for my father."

"Did you go to Liam's dorm?"

"Yes, but that was to visit someone."

"Well please don't tell me you went to the hospital Derek was at."

"I went, but I have the perfect explanation for it."

"Spill."

"I only went to that hospital because I found out he was there. I felt bad and wanted to leave a bear for him. The lady didn't let me in though. She said he's in critical condition and wouldn't let anyone in the room."

He writes down the last of my statement. "We'll try to get you out of here as soon as possible, but it might take a while."

"Can you get to Liz and tell her to grab all my things from the frat house."

"Sure."

--
A/N:

Trust me, next chapter will def for sure be longer & thank you lovely people for 1.75k reads! I was soooo stoked when I saw that.

Comment & Vote. <3

- Kendall xx.