Chapter 40 - "Party Gone Wrong"

Songs for this chapter:

- These Things Happen by G-Eazy

- m.A.A.d city by Kendrick Lamar

- You Don't Know Me by Ariana Grande

Jason's POV

"Jason we've got to go." Adeline pulls on my wrist.

"Don't tell anyone I did this or I'll kill both of you. Understood?"

"Just get out of here psychopath!" Cookie screams at me, shaking her brother to get up. We run out of the apartment, Adeline's still shaking.

"Should we go to the hospital or?" I ask her but she doesn't say anything. "I'll just take you to my cabin, I don't care what Ariana will think." She still stays silent. We get on the bus and some guys try to talk to Adeline, but I distance her from them. I stand in front of her so they won't see her.

Finally we get to the cabin and I do a house check for Ariana, but she isn't here. "Are you ready to tell me what happened last night or this morning?" We sit on the couch and it's like she can't even hear me. I wave my hand in front of her face and she snaps back into reality.

"Huh?"

"Are you okay telling me what that guy did to you?"

"Promise me you won't go back to that apartment and snap his neck, even though I want you to."

"Yeah, sure."

"Okay well." She takes a huge deep breath.

"Take your time."

"Thanks. Last night, all I remember is kissing this great looking guy then all of a sudden he turned into a monster when he saw me kissing another girl. I was just having fun, Jason." She starts to cry so I pull her into my grasp. "He took me to the back alley and forced himself on me. All I was doing was screaming 'NO' the whole time but he kept on forcing inside of me and this morning or afternoon whenever I woke up, I was sore and he was on top of me on the small couch." I pull her tighter in my chest and she continues to sob.

"I blame myself for this. I should've been looking out for you instead of being a stupid fuckhead getting shitfaced."

"It's not your fault Jason. I told us to go out and party. I'm an idiot."

"I want to slit that guy's throat for what he did to you."

"It's okay, I just hope he gets what's coming to him."

"He will." I whisper to myself.

"Can you walk with me to my house?" She looks up at me.

"Yeah, now?"

"Please."

We walked from my cabin to hers, talking about different topics having to do with relationships, college and times we can see each other again. I'm glad to pretty much see the old Adeline, the old and improved. She knocks on her front door and her mom comes to the door. "Well hello Jason." She rolls her eyes. We say our goodbyes and I walk back to my place. I think about all the things we've said to each other over the past half hour. She has a point with what she said about how I am towards people and how they can misinterpret the stuff I say or do. Very eye opening subjects.

Ariana's POV

"Do you need a place to stay?" Chase puts his arm over my shoulders.

"Yes, please. Just for a little while." I half heartedly smile.

"I think you need to talk to your dad. I know you told me you don't want to, but I think it's the best thing to do at this moment."

"I can't. He totally hates my guts."