Chapter 2 - "Where It All Began"

Songs for this chapter:

- 7/11 by Beyoncé

- Almost Famous by G-Eazy

- Only by Nicki Minaj ft. Chris Brown, Drake & Lil Wayne

- Feelin' Myself by Will.i.am ft. Miley Cyrus, French Montana & Wiz Khalifa

Ariana's POV

"Over here." Liz points to a little couch at the fraternity house we went to. This party is so wild. A little too crazy for my taste. But here I am. "Hey, do you want a drink." She yells over the loud music. I shake my head. "You don't drink either?" She asks not surprised.

"Nope." I awkwardly smile.

"Do you want anything? Water? Soda?"

"No thanks."

"Be right back, I think I see David. Don't go anywhere." She says while she's struggling to get off the lumpy couch. This frat house is huge, but I'd never join a sorority. They're full of gorgeous, stuck up rich kids and I wouldn't fit in at all. After a few minutes, there's still no sign of Elizabeth. As I begin to get up off the couch, I find it's hard to get out of it, and I spot a guy heading towards me, so I settle back in it.

"Hello ma'am, may I join you?" He asks politely and I admire his tone of voice. This guy, isn't really dressed up like the rest of the people here. He has on sweatpants and a thin white t shirt. He's really charming though.

"Sure." He sits unexpectedly close to me.

"How's been your night, so far?" He pulls his arm around the back of the lumpy old couch. You'd think that all these rich kids could replace a raggedy couch like this. I think he's making a move on me, but probably not. Besides, what do you know about guys? My subconscious beats me up.

"Not too good. Though, you probably don't care so I'll just stop." I admit.

"No, it's fine." He brushes it off. "I love hearing beautiful girls talk." He grins. I'm flushed by his words. "Plus I asked you."

"Well, my friend said she was going to talk to someone, and never came back. She persuaded me to come here and I knew it was a bad idea." I look away from his immense gaze.

"Yeah, tonight's been a bore. Until I saw you." He smiles.

"What's your name, Prince Charming?" I tease.

"My name is Jason, Jason Young. Senior of this dreadful college." He jokes. Wow, a senior. I'm a freshman. No way my dad will approve of him. So I should just get up and leave before I have the chance to dig myself any deeper.

But he's so sweet. My subconscious adds obnoxiously.

If only I could just get my legs to catch up with my brain.

"Senior? That's great. I'm Ariana, Ariana Grande. Freshman at this wonderful college." I put more base in my voice when I said, I was a freshman. But he just brushed it off like he didn't get what or why I was hinting towards that.

"Yeah it's wonderful at first. But wait, just wait." He laughs. "So who's this terrible friend that ditched you?"

"Her name is Elizabeth."

"Elizabeth Reynolds?" He rolls his eyes at the mention of her name.

"Yeah, why? Do you know her or something?" I ask.

"Of course, I'm pretty sure everyone knows her." He grins. I know exactly what he means. "She was my best friend the first year I arrived here. She's the same age as I am. We don't talk as much as we used to the first two years because then she started to talk to other guys, I guess. But that's still my #1 till the day I die." He seems very passionate towards her, even though he was pretty much calling her a hoe the first time he mentioned her.