Chapter 36 - "Thank You"

Songs for this chapter:

- Only 1 by Ariana Grande

- Masterpiece by NONI

- Bastard by Tyler the Creator

Ariana's POV

"You son of a bitch." I yell at Chase.

"Woah, keep it down." He whispers closing the front door of the frat house. "What did I do this time?"

"Chase, you were probably the one who made the jury decide that Jason was guilty."

"Yeah right. What was the bail set at?" He crosses his muscular arms.

"One million."

"Oh c'mon, that's nothing. He'll be out in no time."

I begin to walk away but he runs in front of me, putting both of his hands on my shoulders. "What do you want from me? It's getting annoying Chase."

"How do you think I feel? I like my friend's girlfriend."

"You just put my boyfriend away for twenty five or more years, how do you want me to think of you?"

"I want you to let your imagination run wild."

"You still do cocaine don't you?"

"From time to time, but I'm not like a drug addict or anything. I can stop whenever I want."

"Whatever," I look down. He brings his fingers to my chin and lifts up my head. Chase tilts my head to his choosing and kisses me. I don't stop him, until I see a flashing light on my left side. Why are one of the paps here? "I need to go in, just for now."

"Let's go." We rush back to the unlocked frat house.

"Thanks, again."

"Do you want to go up to my room?"

"You always ask me that when I come over here. I always tell you no, I need a ride home."

"Let's wait a couple minutes, that douché might still be outside."

"Fine, but I'm sitting on the couch." I curl up on the broken down couch. "This is where Jason and I met, I was infatuated with him. Mostly because he was cute and confident. He's a very blunt person."

"You really love this dude?" Chase sits down beside me.

"I really do."

"Damn, I honestly hope I can find a girl like you. Not a girl that'll cheat on me, but someone who will love me like you still love Jason even though he's in prison."

"Are you saying that I'm cheating on him? Because I'm not."

"Sure.. You just kiss me whenever you get the chance. Anyways lets go."

I was going to argue with him but I decided to leave it alone. Chase and I get in his car and he doesn't go the direction of my house. "Where-"

"Just shut up and ride." He smiles.

We pull into Jason's driveway and I look at Chase confused. "Get out the car." He demands.

Both of us get out the car and ring the doorbell. Paige answers the door, "hey Ariana, what are you doing here with him?" Paige rolls her eyes.

"We're here to help your dad pay for Jason's bail." He answers and I'm shocked. "I have $500,000 right now."

"Dad," she screams and runs upstairs happily.

••

"Why thank you son, but we couldn't take this, I'll get Jason out on my own." Jason's dad rejects the money.

"No I insist. I have more money than I need anyway."

"So do we." He laughs. "And if you want to know, I'm getting Jason out tomorrow."

I start to cry, this will be the first time in forever I can actually hold him in my arms. "Thank you, thank you, thank you." I give Jason's father a huge hug.

"I'm guessing he's going to be at your house all day tomorrow, family time will be set back a day." He smiles. At first I didn't really like his dad, mostly because he put a gun to me but now that he's giving me this great news, the only thing that I can do is love him.

••

"Get some rest, you have a big day tomorrow." Chase hugs me.

"You're sweeter then you give yourself credit for."

"I guess so," he winks.

"I keep saying thank you to you, but this time it's more genuine than ever." I kiss him on the cheek. "Thank you Chase Harvey."

He walks back to his car and drives away. I open the front door with my key, I go in the kitchen first, to grab something to eat.

"Another one of your boyfriends?" My dad laughs when I go upstairs to my bedroom.

"Jesus dad, you scared me. No, he's just an acquaintance."

"I have to go to work in a few minutes, but I just wanted to see you before I left."

"Why?"

"I haven't seen my daughter, or what I thought was my daughter in maybe two days."

"Dad, I had things to do."

"That boy was arrested today. I hope now you can be set free and move on with your life."

"He's getting bailed out tomorrow, exciting right?"

"You will not go anywhere with that boy, he will not come or stay here. The second I see him, I'm going to kill him like he did-"

"Stop!" I cover my ears. "He didn't kill Derek. You don't know the whole story, so just leave him alone."

"Oh and you do? You've known him for a few months and you're already 'in love.' You don't know the definition of love. He's got you all wrapped around his finger. It's disgusting, to see how far you've gone with your education and your future then he comes strolling in your life and everything you've dreamt has turned into dust." He gets up from my bed. "I've got to get going." My dad storms out the room and slams the front door when he leaves. I search everywhere for Ophelia, I finally find her in the den on the couch.

I pick her up and she falls asleep in my lap. "At least you love me." I continue to stroke her back.

--
A/N:

I'm triple updating today lmao.

Comment & Vote. <3

- Kendall xx.