Chapter 42 - "The Last Time"

Songs for this chapter:

- Something Big by Shawn Mendes (I really love this boy lol)

- Unbreakable by Madison Beer

- Power Trip by J. Cole ft. Miguel

Ariana's POV

Elizabeth.

"You're really leaving?" Liz wipes her eyes with her sleeve.

"Yes, I'm not coming back unless I visit for holidays or so." I give her a huge hug. "You've been a great supporter of me, I'll text you everyday love." I hand her my dorm key. "Now it's official." We both giggle while sobbing at the same time.

"I guess so, bye mama. We'll FaceTime everyday! Maybe I'll visit you over there too."

"Of course, see ya Liz."

David.

"Jason's been asking if I've seen or talked to you in three weeks, he really misses you." David says as he answers the door of his dorm.

"I'm talking to him later."

"Thank you, he's really getting on my nerves."

"I'm sorry for all the bad crap I've put you through, I'm gonna miss you like crazy."

He closes the door and comes out to hug me. "Ariana, you've been so supportive and I'll always appreciate your company. Text me everyday you bug." He chuckles as he talks in my ear.

I escape from his grasp and give him a kiss on the cheek before exiting.

Hannah.

I knock on Hannah's dorm room door. A girl with brown hair answers looking me up and down with a stank look on her face. "What?" She questions with an attitude.

"Is Hannah here?"

"Who are you?"

"Ariana, her friend. Where's she?"

"If you were really her friend you'd already know." She rolls her eyes. "Hannah turned herself in for Derek's murder last week. It was all over the news, idiot." She slams the door in my face and I just stand there in awe. What was Hannah thinking? She'll never survive in prison. I have to talk to her!

I drive to the police station. "Where did you guys put the blonde that claimed she killed Derek McCay?" I ask as I step in the door.

"The prison in Ohio. They wanted to take her back to her home town to be executed for the death penalty. It'll most likely be in three years though. It sucks because she's probably the best looking girl I've ever seen in my life and now she's being killed."

"Thanks for that I guess, did you guys get a guy named Liam McCay here too?"

"Actually yes, but I have a feeling he's going to get bailed out in a couple more days."

"Show me where he is, now please. I don't have much time."

"Follow me, little lady." He gets up from behind the desk and leads me to one of the small cells. It feels just like yesterday when I saw him and Jason here. "Here he is." The police officer bangs on the bars of the cell to wake up Liam.

Liam looks up at me, squinting his eyes at me. "I knew you couldn't stay away from me, Arry."

"I came here to get more information about Hannah, maybe even closure with you."

"Hannah killed my brother, she gets what's coming to her. I hope she rots in hell with the rest of the fucked up people I know including you." He does an evil laugh, then lays back down covering his eyes with his arm.