Chapter 45 - "Soaring Free"

Songs for this chapter:

- Blackbird by NONI

- Radioactive by Imagine Dragons

- Glory by John Legend ft. Common

- Pink Champagne by Ariana Grande

Ariana's POV

I'm here, I'm actually at UNC Chapel Hill. I get to start over and I'm grateful for everything, even though I've been through a lot and lived my whole life in Florida, I'm free.

My roommate and I have already hit it off. Her name is Madison. She's like me in many ways and I love how sweet she is. Her mom died when she was younger and her dad is her everything. Madison met her boyfriend on a match making site and she fell in love ever since, even though they've never met face to face. She told me he lives in Orlando Florida so they can't. I told her everything that's happened to me and she told me just about everything in one night. We're already close and that's awesome.

Five of my teachers are great so far, except one who was a bitter old man. He's my math teacher of course, I hope he doesn't make my favorite subject mean shit to me. I might drop his class but maybe I should see his teaching style first.

I met five of Madison's friends in the student center and they were as great as she is. There's one guy in her clique that flirted with me and his girlfriend was right there. I don't want to make any enemies this semester so I avoided eye contact with him and his girl.

"I hope my friends didn't scare you too much." She laughs as we get in the room.

"No, just the blonde guy's girlfriend."

"Oh Garrison's girlfriend?"

"Yes." I sit on my bed.

"Don't be scared of Caroline, she's a lover not a fighter. Well at least that's what she's known to be. Garrison flirts with every girl and she does nothing, so it's okay."

"I hope you're right Madison."

"We can go by her sorority house if you want, maybe bond a little more." She smiles.

"Um, I don't think that's such a good idea."

"Oh c'mon! Who wouldn't like you Ariana? You're pretty great so far."

"I guess so, but it'll just be awkward."

"I will make sure there's no awkwardness between you two."

"Some other time."

"Fine," she pouts.

••

"Kyle might come by sometime this week. I've never really done this kind of thing on the web so I keep thinking, what if he's a catfish? What if he's a serial killer? I'm trying to look on the bright side of everything." She smiles and it makes my heart melt. I hope everything works out for her.

"Show me some pictures of this romeo." I giggle. She shows me a whole slideshow of this boy and one picture sticks out to me the most. "Wait go back." She flips back to the picture of him with his little brother and dad. "How old did you say he was?"

"Eighteen."

"How old is his brother?"

"Ten."

"Do you know what his mom looks like?" I begin to panic.

"No but I can ask him, I know her name though."

"What?"

"Her name's Audrey Foster."

This can't be, I think to myself.

"His dad's name?"

"Andy Foster, I think."

"Shit." I say out loud.

"What's wrong?" She looks concerned.

"He's my brother. Kyle Foster is my brother."

--
A/N:

This was the last chapter you guys! Don't worry though, there might be another book coming. Hehe, but only if you guys actually liked this book. Again, this was my first book so critique or whatever you want to it. Plus I picture Madison as Vanessa Hudgens, Garrison as Max Theriot and Carolina as Lily Collins.
Message me or follow my IG @twerkinforcaterina

Comment & Vote. <3

- Kendall xx.