Chapter 27

Author's Note (Basically you can either skip to the good part or if you're a good person, you'll read this sort of long note and understand what has been going on.)

Yeah yeah, I'm basically a pretty horrible person and haven't written in like five-ever.  I'm actually insanely sorry.  The reasons I don't write every week like most authors would do is because i write when i want to, not when people want me to.  Like i know this book doesn't have a lot of reads, but i run out of ideas really fast, and sometimes I just really don't want to write.  I write with passion, not with quantity. 

  I've also been going through stress and anxiety and things any teenager goes through, i just kind of go through it like 10x the mess, because of me.  And i really hope you guys understand and I'm seriously trying to get back into writing. 

I've also been trying to hang out and being less antisocial, but then my writing started to decrease, so I'm trying to write more, and i guess being more anti social, because seriously, I have people who care and understand that I don't like being with a big crowd.

Ok thanks to the people that read this, I love you and I hope you enjoy.  This isn't the end of the book yet, we got a looooooong way to go ((Maybe i'll write some fight scenes? xD)) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

  Percy's P.O.V.

          She isn't who she is.  She isn't the Charlie I know.  I keep running in the rain that is pouring above us, but it's hard for me to keep up with Alex.  My heart keeps sinking each time my mind tells me that she doesn't remember me, she doesn't know what we had.  Of course, we didn't have much together, but it didn't mean that those memories didn't mean anything to me.  I don't love her, or do I? 

        There are too many things going on through my mind right now.  First of all, how could my dad do this to me?  Do something as horrible as this?  He could have just talked to us about it!  How was I supposed to know fate was giving me a chance to love Charlie, who is parshly my sister?  How did I know I was going to fall in love with her?  If anyone, he should have blamed me, and not take away Charlie's memories.  Not only I was in those memories, but she forgot who she was, her true identity. 

        "Where are we going exactly, Percy?" Alex asks, practically screaming in the rain.  He was really upset, too.  You could tell by his change of voice.  It's high pitched, sounding desperate.  Of course he was upset, he's been trying to keep calm, but how can that happen when you have a girl you're holding onto asking questions, and barely keeping up as well?  

        "Let's stop for now.  Look, there's a place we can rest for a while, until we know what to do."  I reply as calmly as I can, pointing to the Starbucks shop on the other side of the street.  We walk as swiftly as possible, until we get to the stop, soaking wet.  Why didn't we bring umbrellas?  We brought everything, just forgot those damn umbrellas. 

        We walked inside, basically drenched in rain.  The cashier looked at us weirdly.  Oh, right, we were supposed to be at school.  Mortals have life so easy, going to school, getting a job, living their life, while demi-gods have to hide away, just to survive... 

        "Don't say that it's easy for whatever you want to call us regular humans have.  It's harder than you think." 

        I turn around to see Charlie glaring at me.  How did she even hear me?  I was talking about it in my mind.  "What are you talking about, Charlie?" I look next to me to see a puzzled Alex, "He didn't even say anything..." Alex started, and then shook his head, "freaking Gods." he muttered.  What is he talking about?  I know he said that Charlie had a lot of powers that we didn't know about, but is mind reading one?  That doesn't even make sense, what God has that power?  

        I shook my head.  There's no time to think about that, did I just see Charlie glaring at me?  That hurts.  I sigh, and say, "I'm sorry, Charlie.  I didn't mean to say it like that.  I know we all have it difficult.  I'm just really frusterated right now."  Charlie's face softens, and says, "It's fine, I'm just confused."  But then, her emotions get mad again, "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHAT IS GOING ON?!  I WANT TO KNOW!  MY LIFE HAS BEEN SO CONFUSED THE PAST FEW DAYS AND NO ONE IS GIVING ME THE ANSWER I NEED! "  Alex and I both jump.  We're both tired, so hearing her yell bolts us right back up.  

        "L-Let's get some coffee first."  Alex stutters, jumping and walking towards the cashier.  Charlie sighs, "I'm being a little harsh, aren't I." "J-Just a little bit." I stammered, I didn't want to get on her bad side right now, what if she was on her period?  "Don't worry, we'll tell you everything, let's just all calm down first, it's been a long day."  She doesn't seem to like the idea, and want to know her question's answers, but she nods.  

        "H-Here."  Charlie and I both look up to see Alex having trouble holding the starbucks.  I help him put them down, and he says, "This is yours.."  I see him pass me a Pumpkin Spice Frap, my favorite.  I smile, and see him gives Charlie a hot chocolate. "You always know me best, Alex." Charlie smiles, and then starts sipping.  Alex got himself a Vanilla Iced Tea (AUTHORS NOTE: I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE FANCY ORDERS ON STARBUCKS SO BARE WITH ME PLS xD) 

        We sit in silence for a few minutes.  Repeat, we're all insanely tired.  We don't know how long we've ran for, but camp should be around here.  "Where exactly are we?" Alex asks, interuppting the silence.  "We should be on the edge of New York..."  Charlie started, "But even after living here for so long, I have no idea where we are."  "Camp should be around here," I started, "But, it might be difficult finding it, since the woods all look the same."  

      Charlie stares at us, ready for some answers.  "Ok," I sigh, "I'll tell you everything you need to know.  You know Percy Jackson, the series, right?"  And so, we tell her about who she is, who her dad is, who her mom technically is, everything about camp, I tell her almost everything, except us.  She's already taking in a huge deal of what she thougth was fiction, and put it into her real life.  She didn't know some love drama right now.  Maybe she'll just fall in love with me again on our way back to camp. 

        I scoff, what am I thinking?  What kind of person would want to fall in love with me again?  Maybe I shouldn't say anything.  It would be for the best, since my dad tried to take us apart last time we were in love, maybe it's just better for everyone to not tell her anything about us, and keep distant from her as much as possible.  I shouldn't be in love with her anymore.  Tears are starting to form in my eyes, but i shake them off as much as possible.  "Excuse me, for a second." I choke out, and run to the bathroom, tears streaming down my face.  

        I run to a stall, and fall against a wall.  I was so strong, how did I become so weak?  When did I ever cry?  When did i cry for love?  This shouldn't happen.  I don't want to love her, yet I do.  I was so strong when I first met her, my head was up in the skies.  She brought me down, she somehow loved me, even when i was boastful and a total... ass.  Now, she looks at me blankly, just in need of answers.  She didn't even look at like as a friend or lover, just someone who has taken her from her normal life to the she has to live.  I cover my face with my hands.  Just looking at her hurts me.  Her faceless, emotionless expression is something I never want to see.