Chapter 6

Remember, he’s just an asshole. He thinks he’s so amazing because he’s the great Percy Jackson. Even though he is gorgeous, and has a nice body, wait, what am thinking?!  He’s still a stupid jerk. He’ll ‘love’ you, break your heart, and leave you like you were never with him. Don’t fall for him, Charlie. Don’t fall….

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Percy yelling, “Why?!”

“Because,” The big centaur put his hand on Percy’s shoulder, “The gods are unpredictable. What Rachel said might not even be a prophecy. Plus, Charlie hasn’t even started training. She’s not yet once participated in Capture the Flag, and she doesn’t even know about the secret yet.”

“What secret?” I asked, throwing my hands up in exasperation. What else are they hiding from me?  I'm tired of being kept out of secrets, I'm tired of being left out.

“See, Percy?” Chiron gestured towards me, “She knows nothing. She hasn’t even been claimed by her godly parent, yet alone know her powers.”

“But we all know her dad is Poseidon! And she can figure out her powers!” Percy turned his head to look at me, “Charlie, raise your hand at the vase of flowers right there, and try to make the water in it fling over to the other side of the room.”

“What the hell?” Is he out of his mind?!

“Just do it!”

“Heh heh, that’s what she said,“ I chuckled and raised my hand up to the vase.

Nothing happened.

“You can’t just make her do that, Percy. She just got here today.”

“Then we’ll teach her!” Percy yelled back.

Chiron sighed, “We’ll take it slow. She needs to build herself up.” He walked over to the screen door and pushed it open. He walked out of the Big House with fast, uneven steps.

I crossed my arms and frowned, “What secret, Percy? Tell me now!”

“I’ll tell you outside. I need to talk to you.” He said, taking a step forward to grab my hand again.

“No! “ I quickly pulled my hand away before he could touch it, “I’d rather die in a hole than talk to you, jackass!”

“Then you’ll never learn anything, Charlie! You won’t be able to get used to your powers! You won’t be able to accept

the fact that not everything you’ve been told is true! You won’t be able to live your life as a demigod!” He yelled. He sat down and buried his face in his hands.

I stared at him guiltily, “Okay,” I walked over and poked him on the shoulder, “Let’s go then.”

He got up and pushed the screen door and we both walked out. I followed him and we both walked along the lake.

The lake was more like and ocean, it’s water stretching pretty far and it’s banks like the beaches in Hawaii.

Percy stopped in his tracks and faced me. His eyes weren’t as bright and blue as usual, but instead soft and green, “Annabeth…”

“Is dead, right? God, I knew it!” I kicked some sand into the air, “No wonder I never saw her!”

“No, Charlie. She’s no-“

“How? What happened? Are you okay?” I was concerned, but then quickly held back, “Never mind, I don’t care.” I looked down at the sand.

“Charlie, she’s not dead.”

I sprung my head back up, “She’s not? Then can I meet her?” I asked, happy as can be.

“No, you can’t.”

“Why not? I promise I’ll be good!” I begged.

“Because…”

“Because what, Percy!? Spit it out already!”

“Because,” He started, “There’s no such thing as Annabeth.”

--------------------------------

Author's note: 

  This is all TheyCallUsTeen's story!  Fan her!  I'm just continuing the story!  Fan and comment?! and Vote?! :D