Chapter 9

“He does what?!” Percy screamed at me.

I shrugged, “Sexually abuses me.”

“What the fuck, Charlie!? We have to call the police! We have to tell Chiron! We have to go and kick his-“

I raised my hands, “Dude, chill out! I was just kidding.”

“I’m gonna round up all the other kids and-“ Percy looked at me with a questioning look and let his hands fall to his sides. “What?”

“I was kidding, you silly goose. I wanted to see how you would react!” I laughed and slapped him on the arm slightly.

“You were?” He asked, still befuddled.

“Yeah! I mean, my life isn’t like one of those dramatic soap operas, Percy. I’m just a normal girl. Wait, scratch that, normal girls don’t have a godly parent or powers. So yeah, not a normal girl. But not a dramatic one either.” I smiled.  I love seeing him in this reaction.  It was priceless.

“Don’t scare me like that next time!” Percy said as he perched his arm on my shoulders, “I was gonna herd up the other demigods and go trample your house!”

I smirked, “Okay, whatever you say, Mr. Jackson.”

“I really was!” He argued as we both walked out of the cave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was so crowded. I could barely keep the spaghetti on my plate as I walked through the dining hall. I kept my eyes attached to the noodles drenched in tomato sauce on my tray so I didn’t have to meet anyone’s eyes. This is going to surprise you guys, but I am shy. When it comes to someone I know, I can be crazy and hyper. When it’s some people I don’t know, I’m really clueless and quiet.

“Over here!” Percy shouted and waved over at me.

The whole room stopped talking. Everyone went quiet. I looked up and saw everyone staring at me. Everyone. Some girls in the corner started whispering to each other and looking at me.  I could hear one of them say, "Who is she?  Why does Percy know her?  She's so ugly."  I tried to ignore them and sat down in between Percy and Grover.

“Um,” I gestured toward everyone staring at us.

Percy looked at them, “Oh! Uh, you guys can go uh-eat now?” He said questioningly.

Everyone shrugged and went back to their food. Once again, the sound of forks and spoons scraping on plates filled the room.

“What was that all about?” I asked Percy, clearly shocked.

Grover came in, “Well, Percy did save the world like a billion times, so I guess a lot of girls have crushes on him and he’s a role model to a lot of people.” He said as he bit his spoon and ripped off a piece of it.

I looked at Percy, “Oh, so you’re like a celebrity?” I raised my eyebrows

“I guess so,” He smiled back.

  I guess he isn't that bad.  I mean, he did save five years of their camp.  I guess I misjudged him.  I smiled.  Maybe I can fall for Percy Jackson... Until something hit my mind.  I groaned and said,

“Then what am I supposed to do now? I can’t date someone who all the girls are head over heels for!They’re going to hate my guts! Ugh,”

“Woah, woah, Charlie, calm down.” Percy said while raising his hands.

“Whatever.” I said digging my fork into my spaghetti.

“Hey,” He grabbed my free hand and turned me to face him, strait in the eyes, “We don’t have to tell anyone if you don’t want to.”

“I mean- I want to- Well I- Just-“I stuttered.  I didn't know what to say.  I looked away from his eyes.  Those eyes can make you lost.

“Out of all these demigods- including the Aphrodite kids- I picked you. You’re the one I want.”

“You can tell them.” I smiled and gave him a hug.

It’s can’t be that bad, right?

----------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

  Still all TheyCallUsTeens 's ideas!  Just edited some stuff and all!  Thanks again to her for her lending the story to me!  From this chapter on, I'm going to be writing them...  And this is my first time with Percy Jackson and a fan fiction, so if i get some stuff wrong from the book, please tell me! 

  Vote, Comment, and Fan?! :D