Chapter 1

"Mrs. Davis?" I stared back at the fish in the tank. I have ADHD, but something about this fish fascinates me. I just don't know what.  Usually everything seems dull and boring.  The fish was blue with yellow stripes.  It swam quickly, and I called him Moby.

"Yes honey?" The blonde and tall lady turned around from the whiteboard she was writing on.  We were learning about history, which was boring as ever.  We were talking about the Contitutional, which isn't unimportant at all, but..  It just didn't entertain me.

"Moby doesn't like all this light." I gestured towards the big lamp on the shelf above the tank.  I don't know how I did it, but I could talk to fishes, and I'm kind of glad too.  I couldn't stand it if I had to actually pay attention to this information, it would have made me go insane.  And i didn't like the lamp either.  It was so bright that sometimes I don't even know if I'm writing the notes in the right spot! 

"Oh, okay." She walked over and unplugged the lamp, "There you go." she said, and turned back to the board.  I smiled and turned to Moby. "You like it Moby?" I said smiling.

Moby started to swim a lot faster and around the tank, answering to my question.  I smiled and try to write down the notes that i have missed.

Mrs. Davis started to say , "Mrs. Charlie, I would really like it if you payed more attention to ----"

Ring.

The warning bell rang and I dashed out the history room door, quickly saying goodbye and sorry for not paying attention to Mrs. Davis.  She sighed and smiled, watching me run off to my next class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got to my seat in my second period just seconds before the last bell rang. I took a seat behind Alex and shuffled around my backpack trying to find a pencil. I finally found one and put it on my desk.  I could feel myself being tired.  I mean, i did just run from the history room, which is from the other side of the school. 

Alex turned around and beamed at me, “Moby?”

“Yup,” I replied.

If you skipped the first part of the story, then you probably won’t know who Alex is. He’s my best friend, and he’s a guy. Don’t worry.  I don't like him like that.  He's the only person I really talk to in this school, and knows that i can talk to Moby.  Usually, I'm always late to this class, because of Moby and his lighting problem. 

“Miss York?” The teacher, Mr. Clark asked, making me look up from Alex’s face.

“Err, yeah?” I replied.

“Can you read the problem in the textbook, please?”

“Um,” I sighed.

I have frickin dyslexia! Doesn’t he know that?!?!  I sighed.

“I... Alright, I'll try.” I replied, not knowing why I said I that.

The letters jumped around on the page, mixing up, flipping around, and doing all kinds of crazy moving. It looked like they were trying to dance off the page.  Stupid dyslexia.  It makes everything hard for me in school. I shook my head and tried reading the textbook.  Trying to make out the words, I tried the first word on the textbook page.

“R-r-rat?” I looked up, confused as ever.

The class started laughing. Alex turned around and gave me an ‘It’s ok’ face. It didn’t help.  At all. 

“Class,” Mr. Clark quieted down the class, “The word is ‘right’, Charlie. Do you need some help?”

“Uh,” My face burned, my cheeks turning a bright red, “That would be nice.  Yes please”

“Okay,” he said as he turned away and asked the class, “Who would like to help Charlie out?”

A bunch of hands shot in the air. Mr. Clark picked someone and they finished reading the problem. No one knows that I have dyslexia or ADHD except for Mrs. Davis and Alex. I don’t want anyone to know. All it’ll do is embarrass me and it’ll make me get ‘special’ treatment. Definitely not something I want.

Throughout the day, I was pushed into lockers.  Alex helped me get out of each and every one, making us both late to each class.  I could see Alex figiting in each class.  I looked at him weirdly.  Each time he caught me looking at him that way, he sat up right, and smiled at me, like nothing was wrong.

  Then i hear the announcer say " Charlie York and Alex Plier, Please come to the office."  Everyone around us started Ooo'ing and started making kissing noises.  I rolled my eyes, disgusted by the thought of that, and saw Alex looking even more worries than ever.  I patted him on the back, but I don't think that helped very much. 

  We walked to the office.  We both looked at each other.  And went inside those glass doors.  Little did I know...  Making that move was going to change my life forever. And I was going to be told a secret that turned my world upside down…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HELLO~  What do you think of the story so far?  if you like it, vote ; and fan TheyCallUsTeens!  She's the one who made the story, I'm just helping her continue it :D Vote, fan, and comment? ;D