Chapter 17

Annabeth's P.O.V. 

  I grabbed Percy's hand.  This felt so right... yet so wrong.  Don't get me wrong; I loved having Percy all to myself; but I didn't want him to fall in love with me because of what I put inside the cookies.  What I put in the cookies you ask?  A love potion.  Chris told me to put it in and he'll fall in love with me. 

  I felt Percy squeeze my hand and I smile small.  "What's wrong?"  He said, frowning.  "Nothing!!"  I lied, giving one of my famous plastic smiles.  "Don't give me that Annabeth; something is wrong, and I want to know what it is."  Percy took a step foward, making us so close to each other.

"I promise I won't tell..."  Percy said.  I looked away, closing my eyes.  Percy then cupped my face, making me turn to him.  I stared into his sea blue eyes.  They were gorgeous; so hard to not get lost in.  "I..  Is this right Percy?"  I whispered.  

  "What's right?"  Percy asked, tilting his head.  "Taking you from Charlie."  I whisper, looking down.  Percy then took my face again and said, "No.  That little girl thinks she can have whatever she wants just because she has two God parents.  She was the one who tripped up, not you."  I smiled slightly and whispered, 

"Thank You." 

  Percy leans in and kisses me again.  I may have not said anything; but I knew he felt sparks.  Chris told me that he would since the cookie's love potion is in effect.  Me?  I sadly knew, this wasn't meant to be.  Why? 

  I didn't feel anything.  No sparks, No jolts, Nothing. 

Chris's P.O.V. 

  I had her.  I was so happy.  When I laid my eyes on her, I knew it was her.  Charlie, that girl in 2nd grade.  Yes, I knew her when we were little.  I wanted her so badly.  I didn't know I was a demi-god, but I knew I was different from everyone else. 

  My mom kicked me out because a monster came to our house, and she blamed it all on me.  I was left in the cold.  I wandered around, which seemed like forever.  I found a house to stay in for the next few years, and escaped.  I knew how to take care of myself.  I knew i was different, I needed to see who I really was. 

  I ran, and ran, until I met a jogger, I didn't get his name, but sensed something was different with me as well.  He told me to go to this camp.  He told me the directions, and here i was.  As I saw Charlie again, all those memories flooded by into me.   

---------------Flashback----------------------

"S-Stop Chris!"  

"No Charlie!"  

  I tickled her as she laughed and i was laughing.  I stopped and ran. "Your not going to get away with this!"  She screamed, I laughed and said, "Well I am right now!"  

  I sat under a tree until she came.  I smirked and gestured her to sit down with me.  I looked up at the tree and said, "I really like this tree Charlie, this is where we first met."  "Yeah.." She breath.  Charlie then looked at me and said, "Where do you see us in the future chris?  Or more like.. Where do you think you'll be in?"  

  I thought about her question and said, "I really want to be a singer, or even a fire fighter, but where ever I am..  I hope i'm with my best friend."  I looked at her and she gave me her toothy smile, I laugh and say, "What about you?"  I question

" Well... I always wanted to be a writer, but mom says that it might not work because I have this problem with me...  She says It's fine though, So I wanna be a singer with you!" I chuckle and whisper, "That's good."  She whispered. 

"Do.. Do you think we'll ever be seperated?"  I look down to see her trembling.  "No, we will never be seperated."  I held her hand and said, "We're best friends, we cant..  We just can't.." 

She smiled, and I smiled, knowing I had just made her day. 

-----------------------FlashBack Over --------------------------------------

  "Chris?"  I looked down and smiled at my lovely girl.  I can't figure out why she hadn't noticed it was me.  Maybe because i changed everything about me.  I wore color contacts, I changed my hairstlye, and my voice was very different "Yes Charlie?"  I say. 

" THere's a boy... who has your name.  He was my best friend.  I don't know where he left... But he looks kind of like you.  But..."  Charlie said.  "Charlie, I'm --"  She turns around and whispers, "I don't want to see him ever again."  I froze.  I couldn't tell her I was him. 

"Why don't you want to see him?"  I ask carefully, looking into her eyes.  "B-Because... He promised that we would be singers together, and he promised nothing would come between me and him, but he lied.  I know not everything comes true, but he's special to me, and just lying to me... It sucks."  She whispered.  

  That broke me. "I'm sorry."  I said.  Then i realized that she didn't know it was me. "It's okay Chris, you aren't the Chris anyways."  She smiled and kept walking.  I walked along with her and said , " Charlie... is being with me something you don't want?"  

  i stopped and she stopped walking and she looked at me and said, "No, i want to be wtih you.  When i think of the name Chris I think of your face, and his face of course, but I remember the happy memories I had with him, like how he always made me cookies when I'm sad."  I smile. 

  I remember making those cookies for Charlie; if she fell or got bullied, I would always be there for her. "I'm glad Charlie.."  I whisper, and kissing her ont he forhead.  I kiss down to her nose and she giggles, I chuckle and take her lips into mines.  They were like what i expected -- plump, sweet, and just magnificent. 

Then why couldn't I feel the greatness? 

Charlie's. P.O.V.

   I was sitting down at the mess hall as I started to give my thanks to my mom and she gave me some food.  I realized I forgot a book that I was reading and stood up and went to get it.  As I was walking so quickly I didn't realize there was a puddle. 

  I slipped and landed into someone's lap somehow.  I looked up to see who it was so I can thank them.

  But then I stopped and blushed even harder.

It was Percy Jackson.

--------------------------------------------------

DUN DUN DUN o-o.  Anywyas; sorry for the long wait; i finally got an idea <3. so (: Like, vote, share, fan?! ;D