Stay Away From My Friends

Holly's POV

"So, shall we go and see a movie or something?" Vic asked, breaking the silence that had fallen over all of us. Mike, Jaime and Tony muttered their agreements before Vic nodded and took my hand in his, smiling a nervous smile, which I tried to return. We all stood up and walked out running into a few more fans but the guys tried their quickest to get out for my sake. "Sorry we have to go, we're late for something" Mike said as he patted Vic on the back and began pushing us all through the crowd of about twelve people. The second we stepped outside the warm air hit my face and we all skipped over to Jaime's car and climbed in, which Vic was once again driving, and we headed towards the closest cinema.

We arrived and surprisingly it was really quiet. We managed to walk in without being noticed but obviously this place wasn't going to be completely empty of fans, luckily though there were only a few, so we weren't held back long, although I wouldn't have minded; I don't want to stop the guys from seeing the people who look up to them just like I did, and still do really. "So what movie are we watching?" Tony asked, looking at the selection of films that were showing. "Why don't you three decide and we'll go and get the snacks and drinks?" Vic smiled, dragging me towards the queue. I was surprised to say the least by his next action, we were just standing there until he pulled me into a massive hug that felt like it could go on forever. "For me, will you please eat something?" he pleaded, sincerity lacing through his voice. How could I say no though? I want to try and be happy and healthy now I'm not with satan and his disciples, and Tony's already helping one part of that. I nodded before whispering "I'll try" and smiled meekly, which made a huge toothy grin appear on his face before he leant forward and pressed our lips together. We were soon interrupted by a young woman shouting "next please" at us. We walked up to the counter hand in hand and she looked shocked when she saw us. "Oh my god you're Vic Fuentes" she said, her voice showing that she was completely stunned. He had a serious look on his face when he nodded at her and she leant on the counter. "What can I get for you?" she said, obviously not paying attention to the fact I was also here. He looked at me sympathetically before ordering everything. I wasn't really paying attention again, instead I was checking my phone, asking Austin if he had moved yet, and looking through twitter. I was soon pulled back into the real world when Vic nudged me slightly, causing my gaze to snap onto his and he indicated towards two drinks which I'm guessing he wanted me to carry. I picked them up and walked over to where the others were, Tony looking happier than the others. "What's up with turtle?" I asked whilst laughing slightly. "Beats me" he replied, also laughing and shaking his head. "What's Tony done now?" Vic asked handing them a drink each and some snacks. "Once again we are watching Star Wars because someone got their own way" Mike whined whilst looking at Tony who was sat there grinning like a child on Christmas. "Again Tony, really?" Vic whined playfully. "Yeah, it's a good film!" he protested and I started laughing causing them all to look at me. "What?" I said trying to stop my laughter. "What's so amusing?" Jaime asked, raising an eyebrow at me. "Tony's right, Star Wars is a good film, I'm just imagining how many times you guys have had this argument" I replied, once again falling into a fit of laughter. "Too many times!" Mike moaned sternly. The playful argument finished by Tony expressing his views on why they watch it so much and we walked in and found some seats. We sat so Vic and I were in the middle, Tony was sat the other side of me with Jaime next to him and Mike next to Vic, so technically, I was in the middle.

Just before the film started, something I was hoping would never happen again happened and I couldn't help but freeze and allow a tear to fall down my cheek...

Vic's POV

I was in deep conversation with Mike because Holly was talking to Tony and Jaime. We were talking about what Austin mentioned earlier when we were getting something to eat, about how Holly would never eat at home and how much we were going to try to help her with it, if she would accept our help that is. I sat with my hand in hers constantly even though we weren't talking to each other or paying attention to one another; I just want to keep her with me forever, or for as long as she'll have me. Mike and I were still in deep conversation when I heard Tony and Jaime quietly calling Holly's name. I looked round to see her gently crying and she wasn't moving, it even looked like she was trying not to breathe. "Holly what's wrong?" I asked, the worry evident in my voice. "I... it's..." She couldn't even collect her words. "Just breathe slowly and try to calm down okay?" I replied, trying to defuse the situation. Her breathing had calmed and she had tried to stop crying but she still looked panicked. "Can you tell me what's wrong now?" I asked and she nodded slowly before inhaling and whispering "its them."

I looked over in the direction that Holly's gaze was, and saw two adults with four children. "What do you mean it's them? Who are they?" I asked, Tony paying as much attention as I was, whereas Mike and Jaime hadn't quite caught on yet. "That's uh... that's my family." She was still sat frozen, her gaze not leaving the sight of her so called family as she choked on her words. The anger inside me grew and I was about ready to go over there and show her father what he's done, but Mike noticed my emotion and placed his hand on my shoulder before shaking his head. This was an awkward situation for me because I don't think the guys knew Holly's situation about her and her family. My instant reaction was to ask her an obvious question. "Do you want to leave?" She shook her head and slumped down in her chair, my hand tightening the grip on hers and she attempted a smile. Tony looked at me as if to say 'what's going on' but I shook my head; if anyone should tell them it should be her, right?

We got the end of the film, Tony was grinning like he always does after he's watched Star Wars, Jaime was typing away on his phone, Mike doing the same, and Holly anxiously hiding in her seat. I looked back over to where her family were and saw the two girls pointing this way. Her parents eyes darted this way and locked on to us as they started slowly making their way over with a sly smile. "Oh no Vic, please don't let them see me" she pleaded. I instantly felt the anger build again, and none of the other guys knew why Holly was cowering in her chair. "I will Holly, just don't panic okay? Guys just keep them away from her" I said assertively as I stood up, hiding Holly behind me. Mike, Jaime and Tony stood up with me and glared at her so called family. They obviously noticed what we were doing and stopped at the end of the row of seats that we were stood in. "She can't hide from us forever you know. I don't even see why you're protecting that bitch" the tall man said, causing more anger to build inside me. I clenched my fists before harshly saying "because she's an amazing girl and deserves better than what you've given her. You have no right to call yourselves her family." I instantly regretted saying that when he made his way toward us. Mike, Tony and Jaime looked at me nervously before blocking his way to me. "Oh yeah? And what do you know about what we've given her?" His words were full of hatred and he was giving me the worst glare I had ever seen. "What I know isn't important, but she's old enough to make her own decisions, and we will all stick by her with what she decides, she's part of our family now" I spat. I was quite proud with my confidence against this guy, especially as he's much taller than me, and probably stronger, as for the age difference between me and her so called father, I have no clue. I'm just glad we got Holly away from them because he doesn't seem like he really cares about her or anyone. After my sudden outburst he turned around and started walking away, but before he reached the rest of his family he turned around snidely and said "you better watch her closely then," and with that they walked away.

After they had left we all let our guard down and turned to face Holly, whose face was tear stained. "You guys didn't have to stick up for me, but thank you. I appreciate it more than you could possibly know" she said, attempting a smile as tears continued to make their way down her face. "Can someone please tell me what's going on now?" Tony asked, looking between Holly and I. "I'll explain later, but not right now" Holly replied, holding back more tears as she began wiping her face. She stood up and walked in front of all of us, her hands in her pockets and her head down low. Tony ran in front of her and stopped her by pulling her into a hug giving the rest of us a chance to catch up to them. When we were all together again Tony released Holly and I took over, wrapping my arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer. We all got back to Jaime's car and decided to let him drive us all back to mine so we could try and think over this situation.

~~~~

Title Credit; Stay Away From My Friends by Pierce the Veil
Listening to; Have Faith In Me by A Day To Remember