Cooking Contest

Pisces walked downstairs and into the living room. Capricorn, Gemini, Taurus, Libra and Virgo were sitting down watching tv.

"Are the others still sleeping?" asked Pisces.

"Probably," said Libra. Gemini smiled as she ran out of the living room.

Virgo yawned. "It's rare for the fire signs to sleep in, they're usually up first."

"Should we wake them up?" asked Scorpio who popped up from behind the couch.

"What the heck? When did you get there?" asked Taurus who jumped up.

"An hour ago. Eavesdropping is fun," said Scorpio.

Gemini came back into the living room with her trumpet. "I say we wake them up!"

"Take these," said Capricorn as she passed everyone a set of earplugs.

Gemini started playing the trumpet as hard as she could and she was terrible at it. In three seconds everyone heard stomping from the fire tower and Gemini stopped playing. The fire signs walked into the living room.

"Who has the trumpet?" asked Leo who looked annoyed. Gemini threw the trumpet and accidentally hit Libra in the head.

"Ow," said Libra.

"Haha look who still has a sunburn," said Virgo pointing at Leo.

Leo pointed at Libra. "He does too!"

"Can I see that trumpet?" asked Aries. Libra passed it to her. Then Aries opened the window and chucked it as hard as she could. Then they heard an explosion and a little piece of trumpet flew back in through the open window.

"I came prepared," said Gemini who pulled another trumpet from behind her back and started playing until Libra caused a strong breeze that blew the other trumpet out the window.

Cancer walked into the living room.

"Good morning sweet heart," said Sagittarius as he ran and gave her a hug. Cancer smiled and hugged him back.

"I'm hungry, someone make food please," said Aquarius as he walked into the living room.

"Make your own food," ordered Capricorn.

"Why is there a piece of trumpet on the floor?" asked Cancer.

"Gemini's trumpet exploded randomly," replied Aries.

"Hey guys, let's bake a cake!" suggested Taurus.

"I bet I can make the best cake," said Sagittarius.

"No way," said Virgo.

"I could probably make a good cake," said Pisces.

"I challenge you all to a baking contest!" announced Aquarius.

"Challenge accepted," said Gemini. Then everyone went into the kitchen.

***

"So... baking twelve cakes will be too many," said Capricorn.

"Let's get into groups of three, problem solved," said Leo.

"Alright, everyone get into a group," said Capricorn.

"Scorpio!" screamed Aries.

"Aries!" screamed Scorpio.

"I'll go with you guys so you don't burn the house down," said Capricorn.