8 ~

(picture is megan and anna together)

Megan's POV

Chemistry was awkward for the rest of the week. Matt and I didn't speak a single word, and hardly glanced at one another. I acted as though he weren't existing, and the desk right beside me was still empty. That is, until today.

"Partner work," Mr. Chandler sang in front of the class, holding up a large stack of papers. He began passing out the work while explaining to the class that we would be graded on how well we can work with each other. It was out of 100, therefore that require Matt and I to actually talk. I began reading the paper, placing it in between the two of us.

THE OCTOBER SCAVENGER HUNT: If you don't talk out all you will receive a 0. To test your partner skills you will be doing an Around the School Scavenger Hunt! The principal wanted us to assign this for the sole purpose of testing the social skills our students have been building up to. You have 2 hours to complete the 150 things on the list! This is the only time where you are allowed to take pictures, AND THAT IS IT. IF WE SEE ANYONE DOING SOMETHING OTHER THAN PICTURES, YOUR PHONE WILL BE CONFISCATED AND THAT WILL RESULT IN THE USE OF A CHEAP CAMERA FROM THE DOLLAR STORE. Good luck guys, go hunt!

"Clue #1," I read aloud.
"Got a stuffy or runny nose?
Or maybe it's just the dust on your shoes?
No need to cry...
Just look for a box of ______!"

"This is going to be the longest 2 hours of my life," Matt thought out loud.

"I know right," I giggled, standing up from my seat. "Let's go look for a box of tissues." He smiled at me, walking beside me to the box of tissues. "I'll take a picture, go do something cute next to them." He laughed, holding them up and scrunched up his nose and winked with one eye. I laughed, putting my camera down and giving him a thumbs up.

"Clue #2," Matt began to read aloud this time.
"One hand is longer than the other,
but you don't need a doc,
It has the numbers 1 through 12...
I think it's time to look near the_____"

"I think they're talking about a clock," I giggled, walking side by side with Matt. We walked towards the big school clock up front, but this time I was the one to pose beside it. I pointed my fingers upward, a big smile on my face.

"You're so cute," Matt complemented, making me blush. It felt like we were back in Florida again, just hanging out. Everything was so casual, and we didn't have to think about every line. It just flowed peacefully.

"Thanks," I giggled, modeling different poses for him. He laughed, as he read aloud the next clue.

"Clue #3:
the more I dry, the wetter become.
you can find me in the locker rooms!"

I laughed at the riddle, following Matt to the locker rooms. "I've heard this riddle about a million times." He nodded in agreement, chuckling a little bit. The day went on like this, full of laughter and quite the fun experience.

*

"Matt!" I giggled as he pinned me up against a wall and tickled me. I was doubling over in laughter, my core starting to hurt more than I wanted it to. "S-Stop it," I laughed, out of breath. His hands continued to tickle my sides as I tried pushing him away, the laughter turning into pain. It was a painful laughter. "Ma-"

"Bro. Get off my girlfriend." I immediately shut up at the sound of his voice, losing the contact between Matt and I. Matt backed away from me, shooting me an awkward smile before turning around to come face to face with an angry looking Jared.

"I wasn't on her. I was just tickling her," Matt tried to explain, but from the angry look on Jared's face, you could tell it wasn't getting to him.

"Aren't you supposed to be doing a scavenger hunt with your partner?" Jared angrily grunted, glancing at me. My shoulders were shrugged, as if I was trying to hide from the situation. My hair was in front of my face as I listened to the scene play out.

"As a matter of fact, she is my partner. I don't see yours," Matt taunted him. I could feel the anger just radiating off of Jared's body.

"We finished. Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to have my girlfriend back." I pushed the hair away from my face, looking up at the two.

"Not if she picks me over you." Matt sounded confident, like nothing had ever happened between us. He probably thinks I'm the type of girl to forgive too easily, and maybe in some ways I am.

"Like that would ever happened," Jared muttered sarcastically, "I know what happened. I know about the little fling the two of you had. You didn't think she'd keep that a secret from me did you? Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to spend some time with her."

"Let her choose. Let's see who's the cocky one after that." I widened my eyes at his comment, contemplating the selections I had. If I pick Matt, I'd hurt Jared, who actually cared. Why am I even thinking about this? I can't trust Matt. I looked Matt in his eyes, shaking my head at him, before walking into the arms of Jared. Matt looked hurt, like I had just done something that shot him right where it hurts. And maybe I did. Maybe through all the walls he puts up around his heart, maybe there's a tiny feeling in him saying that he likes me. But there's also the idea that I'm getting ahead of myself.

Besides, I don't like Matt anymore. Ever since Jared and I started dating, life has been improving. I wouldn't want a boy to shoot all of that down again... right?

~*~

TEASER: Homecoming timeee