7 ~

( picture is damian )

♡ Megan's POV ♡

Has someone ever shown total disrespect towards you, then when something doesn't go the way they planned it they all of a sudden care? Let's say the most popular girl in school bullies the tears out of you, and then suddenly you're liked by everyone in the school because of your viral video and she acts as if you guys were best friends the entire time. Let's just say Matt decided he wanted to care right about now.

"Why are you with him? I heard he's the player of this school. Kayla told me he's no good." Matt's tone sounded like he was worried, but his eyes screamed jealousy at me. I let out a little laugh, watching his expression morph into confusion.

"You're jealous," I giggled, watching him shake his head immediately. That just made me laugh again, his expression now annoyed. "Matt, you're a funny guy. Jared is quarterback for our football team and a total sweetheart. Unlike someone." I mumbled the last part.

"But, Kayla said-" I stopped in my tracks, pulling him with me to a private place. This was typically the place where couples hang out and do their own thing with no teachers around, but I didn't really care at the moment. I stopped behind a giant tree, glaring at him.

"You and I both know that Kayla didn't say shit. Besides, Jared has been asking me on dates since the 9th grade, but I've been refusing. One, I was socially awkward back then and two, I never really wanted to have a boyfriend. He's asked me out every chance he's gotten, and I always refused. Then you came along, and suddenly I fell in love with a boy, who I thought cared and loved me too, and that made me think, maybe love isn't so bad. When I left Florida, I was heartbroken, but this ring kept me through my rough times. It reminded me that no matter what, you'd still be here for me. When school came around again, Jared had asked me to go out and have lunch with him. You want to know what I told him? I said no, I'm already taken. He asked me by who, and I told him I met a guy in Florida, and now we're having a long distance relationship. And he believed me and left me alone for a few weeks. October rolled around the corner quickly, and 2 months have passed by since I last saw you. October is homecoming month, as you know, and Jared asked me if I'd like to go to homecoming with him. Again, I rejected his offer and said I'd rather remain loyal than go behind your back, despite the fact that you had completely blown me off. Then today came, and I saw you, after all these months, and I was excited. Not only was I excited, but I wanted you to just get out of here. Go back to Florida you bastard because you broke my heart every time I got a text from someone who wasn't you. Without you talking to me, I was devastated all over again, and wanted to just crawl back into my little corner and disappear from everyone. But there you were, sitting next to me in Chemistry, and I was heartbroken. I don't know what I did to you, but I must've screwed up somehow. Now, I'm going to give Jared his chance after so many years, whether you like it or not." Matt just stared at me, thinking of his reply while I panted, out of breath from my rant.

"I don't like it." He turned around, and walked away from me with his hands in his pockets. I just remained frozen against the tree, the tears beginning to fall down my cheeks. I slid down, and started sobbing. I hugged my knees to my chest, the tears making my knee caps feel wet. A few couples had passed by me, all whispering about how I must've just got dumped.

"Woah, are you alright there?" A male voice asked, making me look up. There were tears falling as he and his girlfriend looked at me with sympathetic eyes.

"Aren't you Jared's girlfriend now? Why are you crying?" the girl asked, and I just nodded and shrugged. The couple looked at me like they didn't know what to do and began whispering to each other.

"Should we call Jared over here or something?" the girl whispered to him, the tears still pouring down my face.

How could Matt do this to me? I told him how and why he had hurt me, and he acted as if he didn't care. All he paid attention to was the fact that I was now in a relationship, and he didn't like that. That was even more heartbreaking for me, making it so that I couldn't stop crying.