20 ~

♡ Megan's POV ♡

I sat in history class, my thoughts still clouded after my previous encounter in the hallway.

I rubbed my shoulder to ease the pain, wincing slightly when I felt a sting on the top of my shoulder.

It was hard for me to even move my arm, tears stinging my eyes every time I tried. Something was seriously wrong, but I didn't know what.

To distract myself, I stared ahead of me at the back of Matt's head, who still shared a partner seat with Kayla. Our history teacher refused to let us switch our seats, which means I was stuck right beside Jared.

"You know he's just going to break your heart right?" Jared whispered, his lips close to my ear. I flinched him off me, flipping my hair straight into his face. He shot away from me, a disgusted look in his face. I smirked to myself triumphantly.

"He's better than you'll ever be, that's for damn sure." Jared sarcastically laughed, shaking his head.

"May I remind you that you were the one who cheated?"

"Do I have to mention the countless times after where you insulted me, called me names, cyber bullied me, and physically hurt me?" I asked, facing him. I shot him icy daggers, his confident facade fading slightly. He huffed, turning his attention away from me and back to the teacher.

I turned my attention ahead as well, meeting Matt's eyes. He shot me a supportive smile, turning back to face the front. I grinned at my paper, proud of myself.

Screw you, Jared.

I noticed Kayla start to inch closer to Matt, shoving her boobs at him first. She twirled her hair between her fingers, obviously flirting with him. Matt tensed awkwardly, scooting to the edge of his seat to increase the amount of distance between them. Kayla pouted, grabbing his arm. My fists clenched, my breathing staggered. She better get off of him before-

My thoughts were cut off by the sound of the bell, Matt shooting out of his desk as quick as possible.

"Homework tonight!" the teacher announced, "Check the website for details."

The pain was unbearable as I picked up my bag with my other arm and meeting Matt outside of the classroom. Without hesitation, he pulled me in by my waist and connected our lips. The kiss was slow and sweet, the way I loved it. My arms tried to wrap around his neck, but I winced from the pain, deciding against it. I settled with one arm around his neck, the other left stranded. His hand remained at the small of my back, pulling me closer to him, while the other cupped my cheek. I heard Kayla groan, staggering away fast. The sound of her high heels quickly walking away satisfied me, bringing a smile to my lips while we kissed. I pulled away, my arm still wrapped around his neck as I gazed up at him lovingly.

"What was that for?" I smiled slightly, rubbing the back of his neck. A small chuckle came from his lips as he dropped his hand from my cheek and placed it on my waist.

"What? A boyfriend can't kiss his girlfriend just because he feels like it?" I lightly smacked his chest playfully, dropping my arm to my side. He wrapped one arm around my waist as we walked away, smiling to ourselves.

"I know why you did that, Matt." I looked at him as we walked, taking his arm off my waist and holding his hand instead. I kissed his hand, meeting his eyes. "I appreciate you for doing that."

"Doing what?" He smiled innocently, his eyes brightening. "Please do enlighten me on what I've done, Ms. Grey."

I rolled my eyes at his innocent look. "You kissed me in front of both Kayla and Jared. You proved to them that you weren't afraid to show that you were mine, and that I was yours. I appreciate you for it, Matt." I looked ahead of us instead of at him, sighing in content.