24 ~

~*~

    ♡ Megan's POV ♡

- 2 weeks later

"Is he still not talking to you?" Anna asked as we watched Matt take a seat on the opposite side of the cafeteria. I shook my head no and looked down at my food.

"That's not even why I'm upset," I murmured. "I'm upset because he had the nerve to sit with that psychotic bitch and her crazy bodyguard, my ex boyfriend."

Kayla sat beside Matt, practically on his lap they were so close. She was constantly touching him as they talked, looking more desperate than ever. Yet, Matt just let it happen. He let her continue to touch him, despite his promise to never let me go. In fact, his arm rested on the other side of her, pulling her closer. They practically looked like a couple.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he took her to PROM," Anna said. I shrugged and looked away from them.

"Wouldn't put it past him," I answered.

"So, PROM is on Friday," Anna said, changing the subject. "Has Jaden asked you yet?"

I shook my head. "We haven't talked for a week, he's been so busy," I sighed. "I don't think I'm even going to go." Anna gasped.

"No, you have to go!" Anna exclaimed. "PROM is an event exclusively for us. We can't just skip it."

"It's Jr PROM. Senior PROM isn't until next year. That's the one that counts right?" I contemplated.

"No," Anna answered. "You can at least go with Damian and me."

I laughed. "That is so not happening," I exclaimed. "One, I'd hate to be a third wheeler. And two, Damian would look like he's going to PROM with two different dates. That'd only boost his ego to something bigger than it already is."

"Megan, talk to Jaden," Anna smiled. The bell rang for our final period, signaling the end of lunch.

I walked to my locker, opening it. I pulled out my books with ease, relieved that there was no sling to hold me back. I shut the locker, spinning the lock a few times to make sure it was locked. I turned around and came face to face with Kayla.

"Just can't help yourself can you?" Kayla said, wearing an amused smile. "First you cheat on Jared with Matt, and you ended up with one of them and lost the other. You'd think that a stupid girl like you would've learned her lesson."

I looked down at the ground, not wanting to hear this. "Kay-"

"Yet again the quiet little nerd proves us all wrong and cheats on Matt with her best friend," Kayla said, shaking her head in amusement. "You really are unbelievable, Megan. Do you plan on cheating on Jaden next? Oh my god, I wouldn't put it past you to kiss Damian now."

"Shut up, Kayla. Before I smack that smirk right off your face."

"I'm just saying," she smirked. "Not that I'm complaining, Matt is right where I want him to be... on me."

"You know what Kayla, that's great? But I'm going to be late for math class if I don't leave now. And as much as I love talking to you, I'm going to have to cut this short."