13 ~

A/N THIS PICTURE WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME LIKE I CAN FEEL THE INSANE AMOUNTS OF SEXINESS RADIATING OFF OF THIS PICTURE AGHHHHH

♡ Megan's POV ♡

I was never the biggest fan of trust. I could throw all my trust your way, but that doesn't mean that it guarantees me the truth back. Same goes for the other way around. I don't think it's humanly possible o be 100% honest with each other because at some point we all lie. Whether it's a tiny tweak in a  story or the whole story itself, we all lie to each other. I guess that's why humans find it so hard to trust each other.

People have their reasons as to why they're so hard when it comes to trust, and it typically has something to do with being hurt. For example, heartbreak. Heartbreak is the worst of them all. Heartbreak can result from many situations: the betrayal of a family member, your best friend turning their back on you, your significant other cutting the ties in your relationship. And if you really think about it, heartbreak results in another person hurting you. Therefore, we can come to the conclusion that walls are put up, after being knocked down and stepped on by the person who hurt you the most. And because of that mistake, we build them up even higher.

My reason for trust issues: Matthew Espinosa.

"Megan, I need you to trust me." His hands were covering my eyes as he led me towards an unknown destination, which made me kinda nervous. I was fidgety, my breaths staggered and fast from the close distance between us. By the way I was reacting, I guess it's easy to tell that the boy behind me wasn't my boyfriend. It was in fact, Matthew Espinosa.

"I tried before, that didn't turn out to well did it?" I replied sarcastically, the tone of my voice making Matthew sigh in regret.

"How many times do I have to say I'm sorry?" I just continued to walk in silence, his hands still around me. There was a mossy scent in the aroma, like we were surrounded by a bunch of trees.

"Until I decide that you're forgiven," I laughed a little at the end, letting out another deep breath. We walked in silence for awhile, the sound of leaves rustling near us. The wind blew against my body, sending shivers down my body. Matt stopped walking, pulling me to a stop with him.

"And here we are." He uncovered my eyes, the view before me absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. We were on top of a cliff, the height providing us with the view of all of San Jose. The city lights were glowing underneath us, the dark sky being lit up by twinkling stars. At the end of the cliff, a blanket was set up with a couple of pillows on top of it.

"What's this all about?" I asked, admiring the view some more. Matt just stood there grinning at me, leading me towards the blanket where we could sit down and enjoy the life beneath us. I could see cars driving through roads, disappearing for a few seconds behind what I assumed where buildings, and appearing again.

"I just wanted to show you a little spot of mine. I tend to come here when I just have a lot on my mind. I make my big decisions up here, and I have every summer since I was in the 7th grade." I nodded, remembering the time on the airplane where he told me he had family up here while he lived on the other side of the country in Florida. "This is actually where I made the decision to break up with Kayla for you. Megan, I really do love you." I looked down at the city lights glumly, my mood changing from astonished to upset really quickly.

"Look... Matt. My heart belongs to Jared right now-"

"Then why can't you let him go, the same why I did to Kayla? I broke another girl's heart for the sake of winning over yours?" I stayed silent for a moment, staring back into the distance. It was just too beautiful not to stare at as I thought out my responses.

"Because," I started, "I don't feel the same way you do about me."

No words were spoken for a while after that, both of us refusing to look at each other. I could understand why we had attracted each other back in Florida, we're both stubborn as hell. I smiled a little as I looked at him, his mouth curving to form a crooked smile. He looked at me with eyes that sent me over the moon. They were so full of love and passion, I couldn't help but stare right back into them. It started to get darker until the sun had completely set, the city lights glowing in the background. But for some reason, all I could focus on were his eyes. They had such intensity in them that they held my own for what seemed like forever. Eventually, I broke our gaze, looking down into my lap and intertwining my own hands together.

I felt Matt pull one of them towards him, intertwining his fingers with my own. I decided to allow it, knowing that I was the one who told him to prove his love to me. I smiled up at him, and he flashed me one of his signature smiles that just about made me melt. I leaned my head onto his shoulder, looking down at the view once again. Everything was so perfect, yet it all felt so wrong. Was it considered cheating the way my heart was fluttering like there was no tomorrow? Was it considered cheating to be holding hands and sitting so close to the boy I'm supposed to despise after everything that happened? Was it considered wrong that I was starting to develop feelings for him again? Was it considered cheating to want to be with both of these boys at the same time?

Damn, I'm in one hell of a sticky situation.

~ * ~

A/N There's some Matt action for you guys. Can you just sense the drama storm that is soon bound to hit these two?

I ALMOST HAVE 200 READS HOW JHSDKUBDISLJGFFGKU

WHELP UNTIL NEXT TIME. SHOW SOME LOVE! HIT ME UP WITH A VOTE AND COMMENT YOUR FAVORITE MAGCON BOY (OG).

TEASER: Matt continues to try and win Megan over, will he be successful?