Epilogue ~

♡ Megan's POV ♡

(4 years later)

I sat in the corner booth of Starbucks, holding a warm vanilla latte in my hands. I stared out the window, watching the raindrops hit the ground lightly. I smiled.

Graduation felt like it was just yesterday, and we had all started our new lives. The raindrops reminded me of the day of graduation, where as soon as the principal congratulated our class, one rain drop fell after the other until we were all smiling and laughing in the rain. 

The memory brought a smile to my face, especially for the respect the school showed towards the loss of a student. There was a minute of silence before the ceremony to respect the loss of Matt. They let me speak on behalf of him, and it gave me the closure I needed. Even though it had ruined the makeup I had on for the day, it felt good to show the entire school community how great of a person he was. When I walked off that stage, the smiles my friends gave me was all the support I needed to finally mend my heart. 

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Jaden stood at the end of the table. "Hey Meg."

He slid into the booth beside me and pecked my lips. "You taste like espresso," he smiled, licking his lips. 

"What's the ETA of everybody else?"

"I-"

And suddenly the door opened and voices filled the room. Jaden stood up and I slid out of the booth at the sight of everyone. We hadn't been together in one place since graduation, which was already nearing 4 years.

"Megan!" Bianca exclaimed, the rest of the group running towards us. Even Connor was with them, which was surprising because he was only really my friend from the start. 

Jaden and I were embraced in a group hug, before everyone each individually hugged us. 

"You look so good, Meg," Anna smiled, holding me at the shoulders. At her side was Damian, who leaned his chin on her shoulder. 

"She's right, you look great," he smirked, making Anna slap him.

"You seriously haven't changed," I laughed, moving towards him for a hug. 

"Why change what's already achieved greatness?" I rolled my eyes, turning to meet Connor. 

"Look who the tides rolled in," I smiled, hugging him. 

"I haven't seen you since yesterday!" Connor exclaimed, making me laugh again. Connor and I had these weekly lunches to keep each other up to date, that way we'd never grow apart. He was mostly making sure I didn't sink into a deep depression after Matt. 

I sat down again, gesturing for everyone to join me. They all crammed into the booth, conversations sparking among everyone. Jaden held my hand from under the table, smiling. 

"I love you."

"I love you too," I grinned, listening to the conversation between Connor and Bianca. 

"When'd he say he do it again?" Bianca asked Connor. 

"Do what?" I asked, and they both snapped their heads up to me. 

"Oh, uh-"

"We were just talking about Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez. When will he pop the question?" Connor laughed it off. 

"You guys talked to him personally and found this out?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Uh, yeah. Of course. I'm basically famous," he answered, looking down at his fingers. His thumbs were twiddling. He was lying. 

"You guys-"

"I'll just do it right now," Jaden cut me off. "Everybody, I have an announcement to make." 

"If he does what I think he's going to do, I might faint," I mumbled to Connor, looking up at Jaden. 

"Megan, I've known you for almost my entire life. You were my first kiss, the first girl I ever fell in love with, and the person I want to wake up next to every day. We've officially been together for almost four years and I there's knowing I know to be true more than the fact that I love you. I've loved you since we were a couple of 8th graders kissing on a tire swing at summer camp. I just want to be with you as much as I can. And since you've already done the whole overnight stay, Megan, will you move in with me?" Jaden asked. 

"Holy shit, yes. I thought you were gonna ask me to marry you," I said, letting out a breath I was holding. Everyone at the table laughed before clapping lightly. 

"Y'all needa chill with the whole cute couple thing," Damian mumbled. "You're giving Anna ideas." She slapped him. "What? I was kidding, baby. Do you want to move in with me?"

"No, I'd rather not live with your mom," Anna teased. 

"BURN," Connor exclaimed. He had recently started started to watch That 70s Show, and the signature line of Michael Kelso was always 'BURN' after someone made a good burn. 

"Guys, spotlight over here," Jaden said, laughing. Everyone turned their attention back to us. "She said yes!" he said excitedly, as though we were getting ready to be married. 

Everyone clapped for real this time, resulting in the few customers at Starbucks doing the same. 

And with that, Jaden kissed me and everything felt good. I was happy. 

And if Matt were here to see this, I knew he'd be happy too.

Because he started as my summer fling, and he's now turned into my guardian angel.

~*~

THE END THE END THE END THE END