(10) Run Omega Run

Chapter 10

Cooper roughly placed me on a medical table that I've been all too familiar with in my life. The metallic surface was cold on my hands after I placed them on it. My bloods scent was still heavy in the air and I noticed Cooper look at it one last time before looking up into my violet eyes. I knew I was pale from the blood loss and my skin was growing hot from trying to heal itself. My mate touched my sweating palm, not seeming to mind at all even though I probably looked disgusting.

I couldn't stop shaking with fear and paranoia. The thought of the hooded man appearing again terrified me to no end. My eyes racked the medical room worried something would jump out at me. Beads of sweat formed on my brow making it shine from the bright lights above me. This was becoming too much to handle and I couldn't find any way of calming my nerves down. Not even the presence of my own mate helped me,

"We'll find out what's been going on with you, I promise." Cooper whispered soothingly, trying to stop my body that was shaking terribly. He ran his large callused hands over my shoulders affectionately but I just took them and pushed them away, my blood dripping onto the floor in the process.

The door was swung open, and in came a woman with a clip board and a huge smile on her beautiful tanned face. Her green eyes seemed to sparkle when she saw me but it soon disappeared when Cooper walked in front of me. He growled warningly at her which she just rolled her eyes and placed the clip board beside me. My mate unwillingly moved slightly away from me. A whimper escaped my lips when he removed his hand and he instantly moved closer to me so he could take it once again.

"Well Celia it's very nice to officially meet you, my name is Sheila the pack doctor." She introduced herself formally. "How have you been feeling?"

I looked at Cooper for help not wanted to speak to Sheila. I was still in shock from before and the blood was making my insides squirm. My mouth wouldn't form words so I just kept quiet. I wanted to speak, but for some odd reason I couldn't form the proper words.

"She did this," Cooper answered for her and rolled up my sleeve so it was almost to my shoulder. "Without her even realizing she was doing it."

I looked at the wound fully now and couldn't help but feel the bile raising in my throat. I knew I was going to be sick any moment if I didn't look away, but I couldn't. The wound was raw and blood dripped out of it. Bits of skin stuck out from the surface making it look almost like rubber. How could I do so much damage to myself?

"I didn't do it to myself." I argued looking Sheila in the eye. "The man did it, he killed the teenager who was hung on the wall and did this to me. He had a hood on so I couldn't see him but I know he killed the male."

I was telling the truth, but something inside of me told me they didn't believe me. It was true though. How could they not see the damage done? Someone must've made the damage disappear just in time so Cooper wouldn't see. It made perfect sense.

"She's been saying this to my over and over again. I sent some people to look for a dead body but they didn't find anyone. There was no scent left where she was that resembled a male, no one ever goes over there." Cooper explained looking at me worriedly before turning back to Sheila. "I don't understand why she keeps telling me this when it's a lie."

My heart literally shattered at his word. How could he? I was his mate, I would never lie to him about something as serious as this.