(30) Run Omega Run

Chapter 30

I closed my eyes, letting the few puffs of snow hit my face. My thoughts were clouded with worry, but I knew it was the right thing to do. Cooper was preparing, getting the pack organized so no one would be able to leave so we could explain the circumstance and the necessity to protect our daughter. Everyone, besides the scouts, was asked to meet in the auditorium. It was stressful, especially for me, but it had to be done.

"I knew I'd find you out here." A voice chuckled lowly, and I opened my eyes only to be blinded by the sun. After adjusting, I saw a face in front of me.

"I thought you have duties to fulfill." I snorted, sitting up and dusting the snow off my fluffy soft coat.

"What?" Jeremy squeaked. "I can't visit an old friend?"

"You have a son to take care of." I pointed out, giving him a smooth glare. He shouldn't let his mate take care of the pup alone.

"Well, you have two." His laugh was almost enchanting, and I couldn't help but let out a giggle. There was a long pause before he spoke again. "I heard about the meeting you're having. Are you pregnant again or something?"

I glared at him. "I am never going through the pain of childbirth again unless Cooper happily agrees to do it himself."

"Males can't give birth."

"Exactly."

He laughed before collapsing beside me, causing the snow to fly up in the air with his large frame.

When Trixie became the Alpha, it didn't take long for her to pass the title and responsibilities to Jeremy. Seeing him now after quite some time, I noticed that his shoulders became wider, and his arm muscles doubled in size. He still had his snakebites, , although I had pestered him to get rid of them because it could be a bad influence for his growing boy.

Trixie lost all the baby weight quickly and once again showed off her exquisite body. Jeremy didn't seem to mind, as long as no one looked at his mate wrong. She had a mind of her own and was eligible to do what she wanted. He wasn't exactly joyful to have her flaunting everything, but he loved to see that side of her.

"Are you going to be staying for the meeting?" I asked, worried how he would react if he found out this entire time I had a hidden daughter.

"Trixie brought Lucian, they're inside, so yes."

"Both of them are here?" I asked excitedly, hopping up from my sitting position.

"Yes..." he trailed off, looking unsure as he stood up.

I sprinted out of the backyard and towards the packhouse. I wanted to see Lucian now that he was older. Who knew how big Lucian got. My legs carried me up the few steps and closer to the door where a crowd had gathered. Excitement bubbled inside of me, making me push past just about everyone.

"Hi, Lucian!" I squealed, running over to where Trixie was holding him close. My hand pinched his rosy cheeks as he smiled up at me, flaring his sock-covered feet around.

"What about me, Celia?" Trixie asked, faking hurt. A few members left, not wanting to hear our exaggerated girl talks.

"And Trixie." My tone held boredom, and my friend hit me playfully on the arm before holding her son to me.

"Hi, sweetie." I cried, kissing Lucian all over his face. He let out a baby shriek and let his hands roam my face. "You got big, didn't you?"