(5) Run Omega Run

Chapter 5

I've been here for about two weeks now and have been cooped up in my mate's room ever since Emilia spoke to me about my parents. She apologized the next day and I couldn't help but forgive her. Paige came in the day after that and she explained to me that she hasn't been feeling well the past few days. I nodded in understanding that even werewolves can get sick sometimes. I have been many times.

About five days ago Cooper came into his room completely annoyed and angered. When I asked him what was wrong he told me he was handling it and that Adam wouldn't be back until three weeks from now. Felicity told me it was just everyday Rogue business and I shouldn't worry so much. She also explained Cooper has been very stressed lately about pack treaties going wrong and people wanting to join his pack very suddenly.

I woke up this morning to an empty bed like always and I sighed in annoyance since I haven't woken up yet with Cooper beside me. I know he has a schedule since he is an Alpha. I never get worried because every morning he leaves me a note. Usually, it starts like this:

Celia,

I'm sorry I couldn't be the first face you saw this morning, but it warmed my heart when I saw yours. Since its Monday it's usually the craziest for my duties but on the bright side most of the members have gone to work today. Please don't leave the house until I get back.

~Cooper

Most of the time he would leave a flower on the bedside or have a pair of earrings waiting to be worn. Although, I don't want jewelry or roses, I want my mate. Why can't he see that I want to spend time with him? There's only so much I can do by looking out the snowy landscape or reading ancient books. I couldn't forget about the date he promised me that he hasn't taken me on yet.

I don't want to be that mate who craves attention from her mate twenty-four-seven. Obviously Emilia and Patrick, Cooper's parents, don't talk much. I just met him a week after I met his mate so that must say something. He's a retired Alpha anyway, shouldn't he have a lot of free time?

I reread the note from Cooper a few times before placing it on the bedside table. Pushing the bed sheets off me I took a chance to glance at Cooper's side of the bed. The imprint of where his head had laid was still there but like always, his scent was not so strong. I already missed him and it's been only a few hours.

I slipped into Coopers green sweatshirt and grey sweatpants, rolling them up so they would fit. Next was a pair of warm socks and then a grey beanie that matched the pants I was wearing. Drowsily I walked into Cooper's bathroom and began to wash my face. Using a hairbrush, I began to run it down from my tips. My hair was way too long to enjoy it since it was down to my knees. It took forever to brush, and about twenty minutes later I had brushed my hair and braided it.

With one brave breath I pushed Cooper's door open and entered the hallway. It was extremely quiet that it was very disturbing. Using my heightened hearing I listened to my surroundings. The only sound was a single shower running, about a story below the floor I was on.

Shutting Cooper's door I made my way down the hall and to the stairs. Taking them slowly one at a time to remain quiet I soon arrived at the bottom level. It took me a while to find the kitchen, but I did, and what a beautiful kitchen it was.

The flooring was just like the rest of the house but had an island counter in the center. Dozens of counters outlined the kitchen with different food processors and blenders. A coffee maker was in the center, one that made decaf and one that didn't. A microwave was above the large black stove, complementing the entire room. There was a toaster plugged into an outlet and even a waffle maker. It was a chef's heaven, no wonder Felicity spent so much time cooking.