(26) Run Omega Run

Chapter 26.

Cooper had called for Adam to cuff Felicity, and soon we were making our way to the clearing where the fighting took place. The snowstorm had passed, and now it was a lot clearer to see what had actually happened. Zaire and Carly's bodies were taken to be dealt with later, right now we had to mourn the members we had lost in our pack.

When we finally arrived in front of the packhouse, I couldn't help but feel relieved. As I looked around, some pack members had already started clearing the bodies while the th rest were tending to the wounded. Remarkably, I could see that the battle had not claimed many lives. Fighters were cleaning up, and the scouts were making their way back to keep the perimeter safe. Others were hugging family members and friends, some were grieving for their losses and some were just felt blessed to have survived. A mother who had bid her son goodbye was holding her mate and child tightly, joyful tears running down her cheeks.

Maybe life with two sons won't be as difficult and complicated as I thought. I would finally have someone to call my own, someone I created without love with my mate. I knew that the love I had for Cooper would never fade, and our sons would only strengthen us.

"What are you thinking about?" Cooper asked, softly kissing my hand that he was holding before locking eyes with me. "I don't want to invade."

"I'm thinking of being a mom." I nodded my head in the direction of the mother who was reunited with her son. "I can't help but think that maybe I'll be like her. Maybe I'll be someone who can hold their baby close no matter how old they get."

Cooper only smiled, and I arched an eyebrow in confusion. "You're such an amazing luna. You treat my baby sisters exactly like a mother would to her pups. I'm proud to call you my mate."

My mate finally stopped at the small staircase to the front door and turned around to look at every one. The Blood Moon pack fighters were all rounded up in a small huddle, surrounded by a few of our guards. None moved, and it looked like they weren't even breathing, just waiting for Cooper to state their punishment.

I looked over at the familiar faces, remembering how each one had watched me suffer yet none had tried to help. Seeing them now filled with regret made me nod in understanding, they knew what they had done was wrong, but I couldn't blame them. Zaire was not fit to be the pack's Alpha, even if it ran in his blood. The pack was never a pack and was more like a herd of sheep, unsure whether to trust their shepherd or not. Fear was what the Blood Moon pack thrived on, and it was something I knew should never happen again.

"Blood Moon," Cooper called, immediately gaining the attention of all the members, even our own. "I know you understand that this was a war of greed and useless anger directed in the wrong places. Fingers had been pointed at to ease the pained but destroyed the weakened. You have lived and followed a man of destruction and poison."

Not once did Cooper release my hand and throughout his speech, I scanned the area. Paige was holding Adam's hand, her body leaned in close to him, and his large hand placed firmly on her large stomach. Sage was holding a few of her friends' hands, trying to reassure them that everything was perfectly fine. Emilia and Patrick, the former Alpha and Luna, were holding each other close, watching with pride for their son. Finally, Jeremy and Trixie were cuddled close, but still watching the scene unfold.

"But I cannot take such a large number to my growing pack From this moment on a man who kills an alpha will not take the pack but will return the pack to someone more deserving. And someone here today is far more worthy of the title of being an Alpha."